College Bound

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0107 1x1e.jpg

Not too bad really. Yeah, the color is not perfect. The title and the earnest look of the young man makes this shot. Plus, the flag backdrop. It has its own "look" to it.

Last edited:
I don't know if you planned all this, but I see that the lips match the color in the flag stripe, and his shirt echoes the star field of the flag. Bonus points from me.

We can see this young man's personality in the portrait. It is almost as if he is thinking; Yeah, I'll probably go to most of my classes, and I'll attend all the football games, but mainly I'm here for the gurlz!

The only things I'll add to the above are to say that A) he needs a pair of scissors ... so he can cut off that loose thread at the top button hole by his collar. And B) if he's going to wear button down shirts he needs to remember to button down both sides or the girls will think he needs mothering rather than dating. ;)

Mr Picky.

Designer said:
I don't know if you planned all this, but I see that the lips match the color in the flag stripe, and his shirt echoes the star field of the flag. Bonus points from me.>SNIP

That is actually "a thing" some people do...take the Selective Color adjustment in PS, for example, and exaggerate one specific color, like say the reds, and significantly "boost the reds", or maybe the greens, or blues, to create a subtle, psychological appeal in their photos. A number of fairly well-known internet-era photogs do this: they greatly emphasize ONE,single color in photos. It's astounding how it seldom is noticed, except by photography-centric folks; the regular,everyday kinda people, themajority of the picture-viewers, they seldom see it. Look for this technique now in advertising images, Instagram images, and so on.

.. the girls will think he needs mothering rather than dating. ;)

Mr Picky.
Mr. Picky; you apparently don't know much about gurlz. :laugh2:

You're right. I haven't done anything with them other than admire them and photograph them in the last 37 years (except for one who is very special). Definitely out of practice and out of the scene, especially when they're gurlz rather than girls. ;)

I tell SWMBO that SHE has to let me die first because I'd be totally lost.

Designer said:
I don't know if you planned all this, but I see that the lips match the color in the flag stripe, and his shirt echoes the star field of the flag. Bonus points from me.>SNIP

That is actually "a thing" some people do...take the Selective Color adjustment in PS, for example, and exaggerate one specific color, like say the reds, and significantly "boost the reds", or maybe the greens, or blues, to create a subtle, psychological appeal in their photos. A number of fairly well-known internet-era photogs do this: they greatly emphasize ONE,single color in photos. It's astounding how it seldom is noticed, except by photography-centric folks; the regular,everyday kinda people, themajority of the picture-viewers, they seldom see it. Look for this technique now in advertising images, Instagram images, and so on.
His lips are heavily cloned due to bad sun blisters on his lips. He had a great amount of acne to boot. Never even noticed the shirt. It was approaching golden hour and bad light conditions. i knew there were issues with it and the reason I posted, good info for the next one. They loved them and that's what counts I guess. I didn't charge as he was friend of wifes family. White balance card next time as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

His lips are heavily cloned due to bad sun blisters on his lips. He had a great amount of acne to boot. Never even noticed the shirt. It was approaching golden hour and bad light conditions.

HAH!! NObody picked up on the lip or the acne cloning ... so I'd say that you done real good! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back