Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been thinking about this lately...how many of you work in the field that you have your degree in? I'm in my senior year, working on a finance degree and yet I know that (at least for now) I won't be using the degree as it's intended. I work as a life insurance underwriter, so technically in the finance field, but the classes I am taking now don't really help me in my job per se. It seems like most of the people I know who have gone to college work in a profession other than what their major was.

I'm one of those freaks that actually does the same work that I went to school for. In fact, I actually have the same title that I was hoping to get when I started school. Strange stuff, I know this definitely is not the norm! :)

i have one degree in machine tool technology(not doing it)

Im close to finishing another in Occupational science/technology(not gonna do it)

i want to be a sheepherder. move up to nashua, get a herd of sheep and tend to them.

(what movie is that from)?

I don't know the movie reference, but there's a Nashua, NH so I say do it!

Dare I say it? My Degree is in Photography and my Post-grad is in Education. Next stop PhD I think... and it can only be in one thing, can't it

Doing it... And loving it! Degree in Music, still at it.

Hertz van Rental said:
Dare I say it? My Degree is in Photography and my Post-grad is in Education. Next stop PhD I think... and it can only be in one thing, can't it

Dare I suggest that hairy anthropoids might be involved? Or do you only deal with them after a good shave?

I'm doing a degree in multimedia technology and design... final year now and I hope to be able to use it when I leave.

AlisonS said:
I don't know the movie reference, but there's a Nashua, NH so I say do it!

good will hunting. and he WAS referring to new hampshire!! good call..

md

three degrees- b.s. psychology, b.s. education with a minor in special education, and masters in science education.
would love not to be using them, as all i wanna do is share what i "see."

No degrees whatsoever. Spent about 3 weeks in college studying music and quickly left. Currently working as a freelance jazz musician, graphic designer/photo retoucher at a photo studio, and freelance photographer.

chemistry...yep, using it. for most degrees and grad school, it's not how smart you are, it's how ambitious you are.

treehuggerhikerboy said:
chemistry...yep, using it. for most degrees and grad school, it's not how smart you are, it's how ambitious you are.

What kind of chemistry? I am a organic chem major as of now and will probably stay in that field come next year. Alison my dad did underwriting for an insurance company for awhile and he was an econ major. hth

I am majoring in Communications and also a Commercial Arts with concentration in Photography, last semester of the Communications stuff, then a year left full of Photography (and all that other art stuff like drawing which I'm terrible at)...and I hope and am quite sure that I will use my schooling and possibly do some type of traveling photography thing :)

Double major in Psychology and a major in economics. I work with kids in trouble with the law - so yeah, I use mine. Though a degree in common sense is probably of most use. LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back