Color cast in my bw photos

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i feel like theres something slightly purple in the greytones of my bw photos - any idea how to get rid of that stuff? Thanks

On the monitor, or on the print?

We (I) can't give any assistance without seeing the problem. Can you upload an image in which that color cast is visible?

How are you converting to b&w?

I believe it is properly calibrated since the color cast does not appear in all pictures, which makes it even more odd if you consider the fact that the workflow is always the same.

If you didn't do calibration, it's not calibrated. Beyond calibration, room light and objects around the monitor can all affect how the monitor appears.

If you have Photoshop, open the image, look at the info window while running the mouse around the image. The R, G and B values should all be the same if there is no colour cast. The software does not care how, or if, your monitor is calibrated, since it is looking at the image in memory. If the info window says values are equal, and you see a cast, your monitor or viewing environment is off.

I don't see a color cast so downloaded your pictures and every tone has equal amounts r,g,b using the info window
I converted the mode to grey scale and they didn't change.

perhaps its a monitor issue.

I don't see a color cast so downloaded your pictures and every tone has equal amounts r,g,b using the info window
I converted the mode to grey scale and they didn't change.

perhaps its a monitor issue.

Thanks a lot. I have checked the monitor and its settings - its defenitely calibrated. Maybe its my eyes, haha (could be)

Check your shadows and highlights in the design layout under split toning, maybe you have that turned on and didn't notice.

Even if you make it black and white you can still split tone it with a color, in your case purple :)

Just an idea.

Check your shadows and highlights in the design layout under split toning, maybe you have that turned on and didn't notice.

Even if you make it black and white you can still split tone it with a color, in your case purple :)

Just an idea.

Great thinking. However, it was defenitely off.

Thanks a lot. I have checked the monitor and its settings - its defenitely calibrated. Maybe its my eyes, haha (could be)

Sorry, but you don't understand what calibrating the monitor means.

You need special equipment for this.... not just fiddling with the tint control.

Most reactions

Back