Color CC - Soccer

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working on Color right now.. Not Compostion... How is my color?

The soccer ball is out of focus.. The Foreground is out of focus.. But the background in in focus. Im working on one thing at a time...

So how is my color? I used Lightroom for the first time...

Original

dsc0033zt5.jpg

dsc0033hb2.jpg

Too contrasty and saturated unless that's the look you are going for?

looks like a little too much contrast. It has darkened the legs and made the right leg (our left) loose detail in the shadows.

What did you change and what exactly are you trying to accomplish. Usually I just bump up saturation and sometimes darken the picture slightly with levels in GIMP.

The 2nd one?.. The first one to me is saturated... I added color in the 2nd one..

No.. Im looking for great color... So I should watch my contrast? White is 2 white dark is 2 dark?

Is the grass 2 green and unatural looking.

The look I am trying to go for is as natural as possible.

Yes, I think the grass is a little too green, even the ground (dirt) is green.

I agree, there is a little too much contrast as well. It's a tough one though because it looks like it was shot under mid-day sun...which is very contrasty lighting with bright spots and dark shadows.

The first step in getter accurate colors is calibrating your monitor. If you monitor is off, it might look good to you...but be different to most everyone else.

Is this B&W to contrasty?

2nd question - How do I mute the white without making the picture muddy?

dsc0033kt0.jpg

Thanks Big Mike.. Excuse my ignorance when you say calibrate your monitor is it.. Computer monitor or Camera monitor?

it seems to me that your b&w photo is to bright imo, it doesnt look like a traditional black and white to me.

Hmmm... I promise ONE DAY.. I will get color down and B & W. Im working my ass off and I appreciate the feedback. I'm adjusting as feedback is coming in.. Thank you for responding. I appreciate the help!!!

B& W is HARD !!! Lots of books and practice. --

This is what I came up with for the pic. Not sure if you think this look is better or not.

374.jpg

My take on it:

_dsc0033zt5_2.jpg

Don't know if it's better, but this is what I did:

* Boosted the color just a bit.
* Set the white point to the brightest part of the kid's shirt
* set the black point to the shadow under the ball

Looking at the histogram, the T-shirt is way over exposed, so not much we can do there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back