Color Help

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by maytay20, Dec 15, 2008.

1. maytay20

maytay20 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I have done a few photo shoots since I got my 40D and on my computer the photos look awesome but when I get them printed they don't look so good. Now I do let the lab color correct them because I don't have color correction software yet. I don't have any of the printed photos to show you, but here are a few from the most recent shoot. I actually had DH pick the samples up for me and he said she looked like a china doll and a little yellow. All I can think of is maybe the printer is over sharpening them and the color correction is messing with the skin tone? Can you see anything wrong with them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bikefreax

bikefreax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Who did your prints? I have had Mpix do mine and they always seem to come back with a slight brown cast to them. They will send you some calibration software for free but I still can not seem to get the same colors.

3. maytay20

maytay20 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I actually did them at Sam's club since I needed them so quick and they were to only be samples because the clients don't have Internet. But the china doll look has happened in the past from the other lab I use and it is a pro lab.

4. reg

reg TPF Noob!

Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
    Photos OK to edit
    Ding!

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A lot of consumer labs will err towards yellow with their printing, making the pics warm rather than cooler looking corrected colour, use a pro lab, over here they are actually cheaper than the high street processors. If you have PS a calibrated monitor and excellent colour vision you can correct them yourself then tell the lab they are already done and to apply no col correction, which is the route I take. H

6. TwoRails

TwoRails TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I always make sure "they" don't do any correcting. It never comes out right. What editing software do you have (I know you said you don't have "color correction" software, but don't know if you're including editing software...)