Color issues

nkmaurer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For some reason I am having some color issues with photoshop. I pull up a picture and get the color looking very vibrant and good contrast. But, when I just open the picture up from the desktop in picture viewer or open up the folder in filmstrip view, the color is very blah and instead of a good contrast image it is flat and gray. And that is how the images come in from my printer to. Here is a sample.....I just messed with the color (not retouched) The colors in the hat and her eyes look gorgeous in photoshop but pulling it up any other times it is very flat. Anyone have any ideas on what my problem is????
0861.jpg

You are probably saving in Adobe RGB color space. Usually other apps don't color manage and expect your picture to be in sRGB.
So convert by going Edit>Convert to Profile>sRGB. Then save a copy and view that one.

BTW: your picture is cute but a little overbright and needs to be sharpened.

Personally, I can't stand all the saturation people put into pictures. I think the color in this picture looks great. It's not the blasting of color in the clothes, hat, or surroundings of other pictures that get me. It's the realistic skin tone in pictures such as yours that make them look fantastic. And I think your skin tone looks fantastic. It's exactly what I would expect I would see if I saw the baby (your's?) in person.

I don't touch color saturation in my pictures, unless I am removing some or all of the saturation. I think people increase saturation way to much on a majority basis.

That's a great picture and an adorable little one.

Personally, I can't stand all the saturation people put into pictures. I think the color in this picture looks great. It's not the blasting of color in the clothes, hat, or surroundings of other pictures that get me. It's the realistic skin tone in pictures such as yours that make them look fantastic. And I think your skin tone looks fantastic. It's exactly what I would expect I would see if I saw the baby (your's?) in person.

I don't touch color saturation in my pictures, unless I am removing some or all of the saturation. I think people increase saturation way to much on a majority basis.

That's a great picture and an adorable little one.

He wasn't talking about more saturation, he was talking about the vibrancy of the color, which make the color pop.

nkmaurer, as you saw in my post, don't know if there is anything to do, but to convert it in sRGB and let it be like that.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118922 read my reply here. I'm not posting the same thing twice.

The gritty of it is if you have no compelling reason not to stick with the sRGB standard (i.e. you have a $1500 screen, and you pay $15 / photo to get them printed at a pro lab). Then set your camera to sRGB and leave it at that. Set photoshop and Lightroom to sRGB to avoid the colour space issue.

Most reactions

Back