Color Munki or Spyder 4 Pro

nathfromslg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.amborishnath.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to buy a calibrator for calibrating my laptop and monitor,purpose? retouching/little bit of video editing

both cost the same in India. Any leads will be really helpful.

I've used one of the Spyder products for calibration and it was nice. I haven't used the Color Munki but there are a lot of people on here that think it is the best one out there.

I've never heard of Color Munki. I had and old Spyder (I think it was #2, my dog recently chewed the cord up) which I had been using for nearly 10 years and was very happy with it.

I haven't used the Color Munki but there are a lot of people on here that think it is the best one out there.
And a lot of online print labs and image editing professionals recommend X-Rite products.

There are several versions of the Color Munki.
ColorMunki Smile
X-Rite ColorMunki Display for Projector and Color Calibration
ColorMunki Photo: Software and Hardware solution – X-Rite ColorMunki Photo

An X-Rite colorimeter -
X-Rite ColorMunki Display
An X-Rite spectrophotometer -
X-Rite ColorMunki Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks,I came across a video comparing color munki and spyder 4 pro and on that video it shows that both produce different color profiles

its really confusing

I used a Spyder for about 6 month until one day it started to produce profiles that gave the monitor green color cast. That is when I changed to the X-rite i1Display. I have been using the X-Rite every couple of weeks for the over 2 years and it has performed flawlessly.
So personally I would go for the X-Rite product every time.

I used a Spyder for about 6 month until one day it started to produce profiles that gave the monitor green color cast. That is when I changed to the X-rite i1Display. I have been using the X-Rite every couple of weeks for the over 2 years and it has performed flawlessly.
So personally I would go for the X-Rite product every time.

must be some issue with it,you got it checked?

It was some issue, it was a common fault at the time and the Spyder people were not very helpful. Do a google for "Spyder green cast" and you will get hundreds of thousands of hits. No doubt the issue has been resolved by now but the whole experience put me off Spyder for life!

That was indeed an issue with the Spyder3. I ordered a Spyder3 just before they launched Spyder4. So I complained and they sent me a brand-new Spyder4 for my Spyder3. I am still using this Spyder4 (PRO) and had no problems since then.... my monitor always matches my output...

I use an X-Rite ColorMunki, but I went with the device because the model I have calibrates monitors and printers... and also projectors.

I have not used a Spyder so I can't really offer an opinion over which is "better".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back