Color on the Rails

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was going to get some shots of the neat grafitti on the cars, but ende up with this shot instead... Train cops chased me away before I could get many more...

3783070725_6c795c03a8.jpg

Great shot. I would have loved to see mor DOF though. I believe an HDR would have done wonders here. Great colors to work with. Its a shame about the cops. I like it.

Mark

I really like it! I agree with Markw, I think an HDR would be been awesome. Although, it would've been hard to get if the cops were chasing you. Makes for a good story though!

It is a real shame that the cops asked you to leave, who knows maybe you can contact someone to let you hit up the rail yard again :) Offer them free photos in return!

I love getting graffiti shots, it is like making art with other people's art to make a whole entire new art! Talk about mixed media art :)

Yeah, DPS isn't for everyone. Their "Share Your Shots" forum is the most active forum and people just post whatever and you can't give any C&C so it's just mostly people saying "Nice shot", "Good shot", "Beautiful shot"...kinda boring. Their Critique forums are like ghost towns.

They do try to be helpful to people new to digital photography and have a lot of very knowledgeable members, but it is a little strict over there.

I post there but I'm not that active.

Yeah, DPS isn't for everyone. Their "Share Your Shots" forum is the most active forum and people just post whatever and you can't give any C&C so it's just mostly people saying "Nice shot", "Good shot", "Beautiful shot"...kinda boring. Their Critique forums are like ghost towns.

They do try to be helpful to people new to digital photography and have a lot of very knowledgeable members, but it is a little strict over there.

I post there but I'm not that active.
Couldn't agree more. I stick to their weekly email newsletter every Thursday but that's about it. Those are pretty helpful actually.

I couldn't believe that I was the only Photo Forum member that didnt' lurk over there ... Finally - !! I agree with the strict rules... and THEY DO enforce them.. to the level of almost being rude..

Anyway - I just posted an update to this thread - "Got my train in HDR after all ".. ( I still don't know how to insert a link to a thread in the forum).. I managed to mangle a single RAW file into a suedo-HDR shot that I ended up being kinna happy with .. Check it out..

thanks,

r

I couldn't believe that I was the only Photo Forum member that didnt' lurk over there ... Finally - !! I agree with the strict rules... and THEY DO enforce them.. to the level of almost being rude..

Anyway - I just posted an update to this thread - "Got my train in HDR after all ".. ( I still don't know how to insert a link to a thread in the forum).. I managed to mangle a single RAW file into a suedo-HDR shot that I ended up being kinna happy with .. Check it out..

thanks,

r
I know right?! I had posted some pictures (maybe 3) and had some nice comments and c&c on them and before I knew it, the thread was deleted because I had posted in the wrong section. I made another thread saying thanks for deleting my nice comments and I think I'll stick to THE PHOTO FORUM where they treat me better! (they deleted that too!!! :lmao:)

Most reactions

Back