Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
desertflower.jpg

or

bwdesertflower.jpg

Nice. I prefer the colour myself. I think when photographing flowers it's important to have the colour. After all what attracts most people to flowers in the first place?

Yes I prefer colour for flowers.
However in that shot I actually prefer the black and white. The rose being I suppose a "serious" flower suits black and white well there!

In the case of your cactus bloom its a difficult question because the colour looks unconvincing. The colour of the cactus in the background looks unnatural to my eye which leads my mind to doubt the colour of the flower. I would normally agree that colour is an important attribute for flowers, even white flowers. It tells you so much more about them.

Damien said:
In the case of your cactus bloom its a difficult question because the colour looks unconvincing. The colour of the cactus in the background looks unnatural to my eye which leads my mind to doubt the colour of the flower. I would normally agree that colour is an important attribute for flowers, even white flowers. It tells you so much more about them.

Well I don't understand why the color isn't convincing to you because that is the color it was. It's a purple cacuts.

No need to apologize. It is a strange color of cactus. In fact I asked the people around me if they have seen the purple colored cactii and they said no. Of course the color isn't perfect either.. but that's a given when scanning. Especially with a cheap-o scanner.

I know it's old, but I'll reply anyway.
Why does this remind me of photos taken from the 70's?

how do you get so close to the flower?

do you use a MACRO lense?

could somebody explain me this please?

as i said on another post, when i adjust the zoom to the max i get blurry pictures and i can't get so close as you do... :cry:

use a macro or you can put add on close up lenses on your standard lense. they distort a little, but are fun to play with. you can make interesting pictures of really mundane crap, like your left hand for instance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back