Color problem - Which is correct? Caution: 1920x1200 screenshots

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some bizarre monitor profiling problem I believe...and need to know which photos appear correct to everyone else.

What I see:
*In Lightroom, after making adjustments, I have the photo to export...colors look right.
*When I export from LR to JPG, Windows Explorer shows the same thing LR shows.
*Upload to web - Browsers show a more saturated version! What the?

First screenshot - which version looks right (not oversaturated, not undersaturated) to you?

Second screenshot - CRAZY! When I took the screenshot, it appeared in Photoshop a bit less saturated than the screen really looked! Comparing the task bar icons between the screenshot and OS, the screenshot is less saturated. So, I kept doing screenshots, and you can see here that somehow color is lost...as the windows keep getting less saturated, the more screenshots I take.

Please help! I am going nuts here...am about to edit a few hundred pictures and want to be sure I am adjusting the color correctly.

colorproblem.jpg

colorproblem2.jpg

err there is something up with your second screenshot I think ;)
As for the colour problem are you saving in adobe RGB? if so change to sRGB for the internet and that should solve the problem

err there is something up with your second screenshot I think ;)
As for the colour problem are you saving in adobe RGB? if so change to sRGB for the internet and that should solve the problem

Yes, saving in sRGB. Shot taken in sRGB RAW, imported to LR, exported sRGB JPEG. I think something is up with my Samsung 24" TOC monitor and the profiles assigned for it.

Alrighty - wahoo, it's fixed. My color profile specified for this monitor to default to Adobe RGB. Swapped to the specific monitor profile for the T240 which I believe is similar to sRGB, and that did the trick. Now my LR, PS, and Photo Viewer apps show pictures like they should.

Did you calibrate your monitor with Hardware? (eye1, spyder)

I ask because your colours look a bit flat to me.

Did you calibrate your monitor with Hardware? (eye1, spyder)

I ask because your colours look a bit flat to me.

yep, these colors probably would look flat...they were before I swapped the profiles back. A client recently told me that they didn't necessarily care for as much eye manipulation (making them bluer). When I went into LR it looked pretty normal, but online, it was quite a bit bluer. Now that my monitor really reflects the saturation, I am going back and removing the times I added the extra little bit :)

I believe that the monitor should be set to the profile created by the calibration device.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back