Color Profiles... Conversion

IgsEMT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pictureperfectny.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Background 411: Got a printer as a gift, where I can print up to 8x10. I set the color profiles on all of my software and hardware (PS, LR, ACDsee, Monitor, Printer) but here's the problem -->
I have about 70images that are embedded in AdobeRBG1998 and I need to have them converted to sRGB. Problem is during conversion colors change (Which is what I expected) but is there a way to convert the profile but leaving colors as is (OTHER THEN REEDITING)?

thanks!!!

Make the abobe srgb if you want to post for web. They can stay the same though if you are printing them since you will be using the paper type profile or your own calibrated color profile if you are using a calibrator such as the eye 1 extreme.

If that's what you expected then you are doing your colour conversion wrong. Nearly all monitors are sRGB, and if you're converting from a larger space to a smaller space like sRGB you shouldn't notice any difference unless something is wrong (rendering intent settings are usually your first point of call). As a quick sanity check, what is the make and model of your screen?

As brian confusingly mentioned above, this doesn't matter if you're printing. When you print either the printer driver will poll Windows ICM for the colour profile of the image that is being spooled and then adjust it, or you can go to the massive hassle of softproofing your image in photoshop against a printer profile for the specific paper you chose, enable profile conversion in the photoshop print dialogue, and then completely disable colour management in the scanner driver. But I would recommend you figure out normal colour conversion before you start throwing away ink testing it this way :)

Most reactions

Back