Color Slide Film Development

Victor_NC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've always used standard 35mm negative film but have recently wanted to start using 35mm color slide film. I have a quick question. Do standard photo labs such as Wal-Mart or Walgreens develop these films or will I need to send them to a professional lab (which is what I prefer, but sometimes need quick development such as Wallyworld). If any standard lab can develop color slide film, would there be anything I would need to tell those who are working in the lab?

Thanks

Most tranny film (certainly Kodak) uses E6 processing. As it is not used much by the general public these days you may well find that high street labs won't do it. You will need to ask around.
Pro labs certainly do it - try and find one near you as they can often do a 2 hour turnaround.

Victor_NC said:
I've always used standard 35mm negative film but have recently wanted to start using 35mm color slide film. I have a quick question. Do standard photo labs such as Wal-Mart or Walgreens develop these films or will I need to send them to a professional lab (which is what I prefer, but sometimes need quick development such as Wallyworld). If any standard lab can develop color slide film, would there be anything I would need to tell those who are working in the lab?

Thanks

Hey Victor,

First, welcome to TPF! Second, Wal-Mart and/or Walgreens might do these slides but I would much prefer a lab do it instead. A bit more expensive but worth. I've had a slide done at Wal-Mart and it came back on the green side of things. Try a Costco instead, if you have one around, they're very decent and cheap.

Then, you don't need to tell anything to the lab people unless you have severely over or under exposed your film.

Good luck.

You will find that many "standard photo labs" don't process E6 anymore. I tried one a few days ago and to my surprise now they just get C41. They included a note telling that since ?? they don't do it because they had very few orders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back