Color Tone

Steev28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
//

Last edited:
If that's not you photo don't post it here -- copyright violation. You can post a link to the photo.
There's nothing special about the color of the photo. It has an overall blue color balance shift typical of many camera's auto WB function. It's easily correctable.

Joe

Flash photography with a blue wb.

If that's not you photo don't post it here -- copyright violation. You can post a link to the photo.
There's nothing special about the color of the photo. It has an overall blue color balance shift typical of many camera's auto WB function. It's easily correctable.

Joe
Hi Joe! Did you noticed there is no orange cast in skin! And the way of color represent is different! If you want I can send some other sample!

Human skin is orange. I noticed that her skin has a blue cast and is in fact blue enough to suggest that she is oxygen deprived and requires immediate medical intervention unless of course that's the camera auto WB making her blue. She has blue highlights in her hair which I do not believe are realistic (I doubt she dyes her hair blue).

How is the color different?

It's a pretty normal photo and overall well done. Most importantly it's well lit with appropriate large/diffused (soft) lights that are well placed -- the main light is high from the right. There's a color difference in the light. The main light is responsible for the blue; see blue highlights in her hair. As you move around the side of her head toward the back the blue drops off suggesting either a 2nd fill light that is very close in strength to the main light or a very high ambient light level. Either way a different color than the main light. So the blue is coming from the main light. Because the main and fill are very close and the light sources are large enough the overall light contrast is normal. Photo could in fact use a tad more contrast.

It's well exposed and well focused and the model is smiling and attractive with artificially whitened teeth.

Joe

Maybe the OP doesn't have a calibrated moniter.

he's processed them for a VERY blue, florescent lighting look. look at the white sheet in the background to the right side of the image, look how it's graduated from yellow to blue.

Hi Joe Thank You for your help! So what about this http://www.shopzters.com/uploads/Wedding/231/DSC03101.jpg

Skin color is more appropriate than last photo -- leaning blue but within acceptable range. Good light given the subject. The red channel in the photo is nuked -- totally blown out -- looks a bad camera JPEG.

Joe
Hi! Did you check this one? I think you didn’t understand what am asking!!

I've looked at the third photo you've linked. What are you asking -- is there something unique or special in the color treatment of the photo? Has it been filtered with a special effect color grading? No. This third photo has the best skin tones of the three you've posted -- very good. Photo is a tad low contrast and again it looks like a good quality camera JPEG with a blown out red channel.

Is a special color profile used -- no. You asked about color tone. What is color tone? Describe what you think you're seeing that isn't apparent in other photos. The colors in this last photo look believable and the bride's skin color is accurate. The reds and yellows are over-saturated do to a processing error but that's very common.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back