normal_IMG_5022.JPG

San Luis and Rio Grande train

normal_IMG_5027.JPG

Mountain landscape

normal_IMG_5044.JPG

Plains with mountains on the horizon

normal_IMG_5254.JPG

Denver cityscape​

Not bad, they seem just a little "flat" to me. Adjust levels, shadows/highlights, and boost saturation. I image they seem flat because of the harsh lighting. The comps are decent enough. The cityscape suffers some distortion making the buildings lean inwards, but I kinda like that effect sometimes.

Agreed, with statement above about them being flat, but also, I want to add, shoot at a better time of the day, the light in these is super harsh....heheheh read the quote below, live it, think it, breathe it!

"Hate to break it to you, but serious photographers don't get a lot of sleep. Show me an award-winning, breathtaking landscape--a pond shimmering in the woods, golden clouds surrounding a mountain peak--and I'll show you someone who got up at 4:40 am to be ready with a tripod as the sun rose." David Pogue, NYT

Thanks for your feedback - I've taken your comments about harsh lighting on-board and have tried shooting in the early morning and late in the evening to get better lighting. You can see the results in my Cuckmere Haven post.

the first ones are real cool, but the mountain landscapes are a bit to simple.
Yeah, try boosting the sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back