Colorado Rockies (from a noob!)

EvansMomma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lifeinfocus-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these in Eldorado Canyon on my 21st :D Using landscape mode on my canon powershot a550. Not the greatest, but just wanted to share.​

C&C welcomed!​

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Just for fun: me getting ready to drive to the mountains :)

IMG_0124.jpg

Well, one thing is obvious: you sure do NOT live in some boring-looking surroundings. Much to the contrary! Says who lives in a countryside that is as flat as can be so that every little hill even begins to look interesting! The highest elevation my surroundings can boast with can be seen in the first pic of the second "viewcard compilation" I once created out of a couple of photos taken a while ago (with my Powershot, if I remember right) in_this_thread_here . Yes, that little bump where the treeline ends is it!

So you see how lucky you are.

Unfortunately, most of the photos presented here are blurry and seem to suffer from either a wrong focus or camera shake and I wonder why this is so? Was the sky all overcast and the light really low at the time you took these photos?

Actually, only just Photos 3 and 7 are in focus, and the one of you in the car. None of the others is, though.

While the subject captured in Photo 3 clearly allows for a very centred composition, Photo 7 could have done with a different one. The flower is really nice, and you could have composed your photo so it would stand out more and look more interesting.

One immediate idea of mine would have been to crouch down more and not photograph the flower from above as if you had just stood there, seen it, pointed, and shot. Then the use of the little flower-icon ("macro"-mode) would have helped to open up your aperture (that is what it does, among other things) and thus give you a much shallower DOF (depth of field) to effectively blur out the background but keep the flower in focus. Plus with the "flower"-icon pushed you can move up closer to your subjects and still get them into focus.

Hm, I have been looking around, trying to find some old threads of mine with flower pics taken with the Powershot back in my "pre-DSLR-days", but it is not easy to find the 2-year-old threads... and I can no longer think of any key-words to put into SEARCH ... ah well. So we must do without them.

Try holding the camera more steady, #1,#2,#4 look like the camera was moved during the exposure, try holding it steady longer (I don't really know how long a powershot needs from pressing the button to actually taking the picture, but there are cameras where this can take quite some time) and try using shorter exposure times (there seems to be enough light).
#6 seems out of focus which might be caused by your camera focussing on something different than you wanted. I usually check my shots directly after taking in the camera for focal mistakes (just zoom to 100% on something you wanted in focus and you can usually see it on the screen then.
For the other shots I'm with LaFoto. If you get there again try taking the flowers in #7 a little closer to the camera (maybe even macro mode) to make them stand out more.

Thanks. My husband and I LOVE that area, so we'll definately be up there again!! I'll try take your words with me :)

The flower picture in 7 was actually an experiment to see how far the zoom was effective to. It was actually the flower by the tree in this shot:
IMG_0167.jpg

Most reactions

Back