Colorado Shots C&C

silverbody

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i just got back from visiting CU Boulder. i loved it and i am hoping to attend college there. here are some pictures i took while on the trip! CRITIQUE PLEASE!

A BRIDGE
3623565987_77c7e3f7a8_b.jpg

The Flat Irons
3623560495_5085951892_b.jpg

Fallen Tree
3623571035_51b860f738_b.jpg

My dad
3624386314_481e69464c_b.jpg

Boulder Field
3623583109_878466c4bb_b.jpg

Lake in Breckenridge
3624407072_91f632220d_b.jpg

anybody please! its my first post!

It's always best to post 1-3 of what you think are your strongest shots, at a time. Also numbering the pics helps.

I don't know much about fisheye shots, but it looks out of focus or something.

#2 looks like a nice composition. An interesting thing to me, is this shot looks like it is at an angle (horizon line) but on further inspection, I see the trees in the distance are verticle. I like the "tension" that creates. I am not sure tension is the right term to use here, but it certainly toyed with me. It does look a bit out of focus though. What was your focal point?

#3 for me, the most interesting part in this image is the pinecone. You could crop out the entire top half of the image and be left with a much stronger, more interesting composition.

#4 works for me as an abstract. Pretty cool. But the focus lies on the skin on the lower left, and not on the eye, or wrinkles around the eye, which would be a much more interesting detail to focus on.

And thats all I have time for.

my focal point on #2 was supposed to be on the grain plants directly ahead of me.

#1) Since you are using a fish-eye lens, I will assume that you have a DSLR and that you had your ISO speed set too high. The image could be much sharper.

#2) The image is leaning to the right. It would look better as a horizontal, and with the bottom third gone. I like it.

#3) Looks like your ISO speed was set too high again. Landscape shots do not look good rotated like that. The image could be improved by cropping it just above the very bottom pine cone. And, it would have looked better if you used a smaller aperture number, and focused on the pine cone.

#4) Does not do anything for me. When I see pictures like that, I think they were just taken out of boredom.

#5) The duo tone was pushed way too far. The image would look much nicer with a color that is much more subtle.

#6) I like the most because your horizon looks pretty level, and the image looks to have the least amount of post manipulation. I would clone out the small piece of tree branch in the upper right side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back