Colorado Springs, CO meet-up, April 14

Discussion in 'Locations & Meetup forum' started by RVsForFun, Apr 2, 2007.

1. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have finally secured a small conference room for our Colorado Spirngs, CO meet-up on Saturday, April 14 at 10:00am. If our group exceeds the meeting room size we'll move the meeting to a local restaurant. Some MPIX forum photogs may attend as well.

I've reserved a meeting room at a FedExKinko's on Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs for 10:00am. The FedExKinko's is on the SW corner of Garden of the Gods Road and Centennial Blvd. For those traveling out of town, take I-25 south to Garden of the Gods exit, go west (right) until Centennial Blvd. Turn left at the light.

The exact address for the Mapquesters out there is 1355 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO. Thier number is 719-592-9696.

Please PM me if you intend to stop by. We'll be very close at that location to shoot some photos at the Garden of the Gods park, just up the road. Please feel free to bring samples of your work and of course, your camera.

2. zendianah

zendianah TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Hi there.. I am new to photography.. Is their a level of experience that you want? I would love to go and learn from you pros.

3. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Please attend! Everyone welcome. We'll all learn something from someone else.

4. ashfordphoto

ashfordphoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm fairly new too, Zen. So no worries! I expect that it's going to be casual and a great way to meet new friends with different approaches/techniques to photography. Should be rad!

I only have 2 or 3 pieces of work to show, but I don't think anyone other than me cares :)

5. Lars Leber

Lars Leber TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for reserving a room and setting up this meeting. I should be able to make it and I better print out some of my photos as well.

6. JamesD

JamesD Between darkrooms

I'll be getting back in town just in time to go! I've been wanting to go to a meetup for a while. So.. count me in.

7. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Don't spend large $$$ printing out your work, an inkjet copy should be just fine. We don't have an official agenda other than to show work, meet people and maybe head out to the Garden of the Gods park for a shooting trip.

8. BoblyBill

BoblyBill TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This sounds freaking awesome!!! I'll try my best to be there.

9. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    UPDATE on directions: it will be easier to get to Kinko's on Garden of the Gods Road if you go to the next light (west) after Centennial Blvd. and turn left into the Traveller's Insurance driveway. The Kinko's is on the immediate left.

10. Frizbe

Frizbe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Dah! What happened to the other thread? I will still make it.

11. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ...what happened to the original thread. I had to put a new one out. I'm glad you can make it. If we get too many people for the room size we'll move it to a local restaurant less than one block away. BELIEVE ME I drove all around COSprings on Monday trying to find a place to meet that didn't want $300 out of my pocket for guarantees. The library (the perfect place!) has been booked for months. If we do this again we can get a large conference room at a library. Glad you're coming!

12. RVsForFun

RVsForFun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The COSprings meet-up is this Saturday, April 14, 10:00am, Kinkos, 1355 Garden of the Gods Road, near the SW corner of GOTG Road and Centennial Blvd. The phone number of the Kinkos is 719-592-9696. Please bring work samples and business cards. Hope to see everyone there!