Colorado Springs, CO meet-up, April 14

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! (Larry the Cable Guy)

John has no choice. You're going to the springs and he's watching the kids. Simple.

Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Well, the weather overnight in Missouri was kind of ugly, mixed rain and big fat snowflakes, and I had the warp-speed effect going on, so I had to wait it out. Just got back up here into the Colo. Spr. area about an hour ago. Sorry I missed it... how'd it all go?

Sorry you missed it too! It was a great time, I'm about to post just a few pictures. We had about 8 people.

Here are a few photos from when everybody was there. Of course, I didn't really get any pictures of anyone. After meeting at kinkos, having some great conversation, and then a great lunch...we went to garden of the gods and then to rainbow falls in manitou springs. 4 of us later went on to Glynn Erie and hiked to dorothy falls and had some AWESOME encounters with bighorn sheep (I'm going to start another thread on that in the landscape & nature forum). Here are a couple of the ones I took at Rainbow:

TPFmeetupApril070433.jpg

Lars shooting the falls
TPFmeetupApril070455.jpg

Be sure to check out the Dorothy Falls and bighorn pics...here's a teaser :D
TPFmeetupApril07132.jpg

It was a great time! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you!

Here is most of our group at Garden of the Gods with Pikes Peak in the background. It is an HDR photo, I combined 3 exposures, shot against the sun.

tpf_group_gog.jpg

Hey, guys! I just signed up for this forum--looks pretty good! It was so nice to meet you all yesterday--I just wish I could have gone with you to shoot. Oh, well....maybe next time--there is going to be a next time isn't there?!?

...I need to lose some weight.

Glad you're on so you can share your portraits, monica. there will definitely be a next time. (kyle)

Who's who in the photo? I recognize Ashford Photo and Lars from their avatars, but am not sure about the rest. Any chance we can get names?

That is an excellent HDR photo. I normally wouldn't have tried it with people but will now consider doing it based upon your results. How far apart did you bracket your exposures?

Sorry I missed it also !!! My kiddo was sick.. I missed soccer this weekend and the photo shoot... Any chance we can do this soon??? I was looking forward to this.

Most reactions

Back