randymckown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
snapcanyon.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey new friends :unconscious:

Looking forward to joining in on the discussions here. I'm a photographer in Colorado USA. I got my first pro camera when I was 12 - about 30 years ago - and I love helping other people learn more about photography.

Welcome! Im up near Boulder myself.

Welcome
I lived for a few years just north of Colorado College on North Cascade.
Fished on the South Platte near Deckers and drove Gold Camp Road to Victor many times.

Last edited:
What are the must-visit sites to photo in Colorado Springs?

Welcome from one newbie to another.

I used to live in the Springs, quite a while back... would love to get back out there.

What are the must-visit sites to photo in Colorado Springs?

Typical Tourist Spots - You hit Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods

Other cool spots and drives ... you can take Rampart Range Road to Woodland Park .. it is actually a dirt road that starts inside the Garden of the Gods but most tourists dont even notice it and drive right by. About an hour drive over a smaller mountain .. a little bumpy and washboarded in spots but 4x4 not required .. goes through a burnt forest at one point and there are some great scenic points of Pikes Peak and Waldo Canyon.

Gold Camp Road inside North Cheyenne Canyon Park .. it goes from paved to dirt to paved .. no 4x4 needed. Good hiking trails and a small but really nice waterfall that sits right off the road ( Helen Hunt Falls ) .. There's another nice fall but you need to invest a few hours in hiking in and out.

Literally a couple blocks from the main entrance to North Cheyenne is Seven Falls .. much much larger fall but it's also a paid site just FYI.

Red Rocks Canyon Open Space .. think of it as the little sister to the Garden of the Gods .. more natural trails .. less sidewalks and commercial tourism.

Old Stage Road .. dirt road leading over the mountain to Cripple Creek .. its rough no 4x4 needed but it makes it more fun LOL .. it might still be closed off about 1/2 way to Cripple from a washout .. not sure if it's fixed yet but worth it anyway.

The Broadmoor Hotel and very interesting and elegant architecture to shoot.

Smaller parks in town that have some nice trails, quick drives, and views are Pulpit Rock Park/Austin Bluffs Open Space and Palmer Park.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back