Colorful Crimes C&C Please

stone_family3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My husband bought me a new Nikon D3000 so I went out between classes and took some shots of some local graffiti.

graffiti02.jpg

graffiti03.jpg

graffiti04.jpg

graffiti06.jpg

graffiti07.jpg

graffiti08.jpg

It's an artistic outlet, not a crime. :)
Anyways.
Number your photos, please.
#1: I like the shadows coming from the wood ontop, but I think it need some more brightness.
#2: is fine imo.
#3: don't like the composition, the bush is distracting and really isn't anything special compared to the rest.
#4: I enjoy this one very much, the angle and perspective is really refreshing to the eyes but at the corner it's a bit dark, you may want to dodge that up a bit.
#5: I prefer this one to #1. The green makes it more interesting in my opinion and the composition works better.
#6: don't like this one, bad composition and it's boring.

Number 4 is my favorite.
the roof lines and the light add some punch to it.

This is a nice collection and I particularly like #2.

Indeed, even if beautiful, most graffiti IS a crime, even if it is an artistic outlet (unless done on your property or with the owner's permission). It is defacing public (or private) property.

I agree with Sbuxo...#4 is the most enjoyable from this series

Yes, because defacing someone's property without their permission is just a-ok. How about I take a can of Krylon to your car? :p Just because something is art doesn't make it legal.

Anywho, I actually like #1 the best. I really like how the light filters through the beams like that. I'd almost like to see a crop without the beams in frame though, not sure if that'd be better or worse.

Yes, because defacing someone's property without their permission is just a-ok. How about I take a can of Krylon to your car? :p Just because something is art doesn't make it legal.

Anywho, I actually like #1 the best. I really like how the light filters through the beams like that. I'd almost like to see a crop without the beams in frame though, not sure if that'd be better or worse.
Fucccking yay, go ahead. Obviously it's a crime if you're spraying and tagging on people's properties. But on walls, buses, trains, I could give a shiiiiit.

Fucccking yay, go ahead. Obviously it's a crime if you're spraying and tagging on people's properties. But on walls, buses, trains, I could give a shiiiiit.

Walls, buses and trains still belong to individuals and companies. It is still a crime.

Whether or not it's a crime is up to your personal views and interpretations. Everyone will argue differently for/against it. Some might say the real crime is done by corporations/governments who pursue profits through exploitation, etc. Some would make the above argument about defacing public/private property. We can always start another forum for those kind of discussions :)

Whether or not it's a crime is up to your personal views and interpretations. Everyone will argue differently for/against it. Some might say the real crime is done by corporations/governments who pursue profits through exploitation, etc. Some would make the above argument about defacing public/private property. We can always start another forum for those kind of discussions :)
Very silly post.

Very silly post.

thank you :)

Most reactions

Back