Colorful Mexican Pottery

I saw a complaint that it was too busy!!!! How can a shot with a lot of stuff to look at be too busy. A single object in the middle of the pic isnt too busy, its boring. I like it when there is lots to look around at and see. Good stuff VIP.

Bynx
I gotten that complaint about alot of my photos
It makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever
Can someone's eyeballs be that bad?
In most HDR photos, they are extremely busy.

normally i am a big fan of your work your processing is great

and i did read where you said this was just to show your wife but in my opinion if these were to be final images most of them are way to busy so many items in the image i dont know where to look

but overall great processing

Yes very busy they have stuff everywhere. When you are trying to show someone the various things they sell with photos you have to be able to get as much in as possible. .

Not necessarily... As I stated to you when you originally started off in photography, less is often more.

A lot of times, taking photos of individual things in a busy scenario is more aesthetically pleasing. I think that it is important to show elements working together, but isolating particular things that are noteworthy (especially for your wife to see) would be a good move. It's always good to diversify your shoots.

As for the processing... Well, it's a bit much. Too much contrast between everything, partially due to the fact that you're shooting HDRs mid-day. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.

There is a difference between shooting something with too many elements and shooting a scene with lots of elements where the subject are all those elements.

This thread was posted a while back. From these pictures she was able to see some things she liked and thought it would be worth the drive back over there to further look at ALL they had to offer.

We ended up purchasing some items in those pictures so in my book it was a success in its own.

I guess I could have used the camera phone and got the same results however I like to processes the crap out of photos so it was also an enjoyable time after the fact at home in front of the computer. I showed the pictures to the owner and they were amazed at them and asked if I would be whiling take some photos for their website or let them use the ones I had.

There is a difference between shooting something with too many elements and shooting a scene with lots of elements where the subject are all those elements.

There's also a difference between something looking good, and something looking bad.

All I am saying is that I would have liked to see a bit of diversity in the focal lengths, subjects, and composition. Not just "lets see how much stuff I can fit into one frame."

o hey -I think you are missing the point. Composition is really irrelevant in these photos. This place had so much stuff all close together that it makes it nearly impossible to isolate on thing at a time because there will be other things in the background regardless. less photos to email showing ALL the kinds of stuff they sell was kinda the point.

These were never meant to be wall hangers just snap shots of the kinds of merchandise they sell. There are a few other places in town that sell stuff like this and every place is a little different.

I just figured well I am here and I like HDR and WHY NOT......:lol: If I was some type of landscape designer sending pictures to a client I could see where it would make sense to isolate specific items and try to get the best composition heck bring out the lighting system and have a pro shoot but thats not the case..sometimes a photo is just a photo.

I refer you to my original post.

I'm not missing the point. I'm stating a fact. Variety is always nice to have. I understand the intent of the photographs, I am just voicing my opinion.

If the place is only 30mins away, why are you emailing the photographs? I drive 30 mins to get to the closest mall. ;)

I got the point VIP. Not seeing this kind of stuff where I live I appreciate looking around the photos and seeing the various works. As I remember Mexican works are pretty garish with bright wild colors. Your processing brings this out nicely.

There is no fact just your opinion lets not get confused with that.My wife works like crazy and does not have the time to be going to all theseDifferent places like I do. There is no point in waisting time and gas going back and Forth of she does not like the style of pottery and merchandise. We have 4 kidsAnd we both work like crazy. So yeah 30 min away means a 1 hour round trip plusTime spent at the location. Not sure if you are married but, when you are married for 12 years you do things like thisJust to make life similar.

Okay, make your living off of using one focal length. Lets say, 35mm. Shoot all your images at 35mm. Portraits, landscapes, products, photojournalism, etc.

Tell me then that variety doesn't matter, and that having "variety" in your photographs is not necessary, and that it's just "some opinion."

IT IS a fact. If you don't have variety to your images, they'll be boring as a set. I know that this is not necessarily applicable to the images you posted because they were "for your wives eyes." But it rings true in other aspects of photography, and even life. I don't need you're wife's life story or dossier, I am just voicing my thoughts on the matter. The last part about me driving to a mall 30 minutes away was more of a joke than anything.

Get confused with whatever you want. I'm completely crystal clear with the intent of my post. I'm not specifically critiquing any of your images or even dissing them, I'm saying "KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR FUTURE REFERENCE." Yet, all you're doing is disregarding it. It wouldn't be the first time that you disregarded advice from me because you didn't agree with it.

Honestly, if I was some type of landscape designer, I'd be looking for a way to incorporate all the landscaping elements into one photograph, because they're supposed to be cohesive in an environment together. Retail merchandise IS NOT designed to be that way. It's put out for display and "roughly" sectioned off from other elements... However that DOES NOT prevent the other elements from being included in a wide angle photograph.

Okay, make your living off of using one focal length. Lets say, 35mm. Shoot all your images at 35mm. Portraits, landscapes, products, photojournalism, etc.

Tell me then that variety doesn't matter, and that having "variety" in your photographs is not necessary, and that it's just "some opinion."

Irrelevant

I don't need you're wife's life story or dossier, I am just voicing my thoughts on the matter.

You asked I explained your being crazy....

Get confused with whatever you want.

I am not confused I am not sure why you would say otherwise. I have known all along what my intentions were when posting and they remain the same.

"KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR FUTURE REFERENCE."

Ok I will keep it in mind if I ever do a paid job like this okay.

Yet, all you're doing is disregarding it. It wouldn't be the first time that you disregarded advice from me because you didn't agree with it.

You obviously do not understand the objection of a debate or discussion. Everything with you is,... if someone rejects or explains reasoning behind what they have done you automatically put words in ones mouth and act like they can not take or hear C&C...this is not the case. I know you understand photography and you do some cool stuff but that does not mean you are the ending word to all that regards photography. I think you should pull your head out your rear end as you are becoming quite full of yourself and its not flattering.

Jees are you must be apart of the composition police or something monitoring everyones photos to point out they are not up to par with you and your squad.

Yes, I am the composition police. :-/ Please don't suggest that your head is so thick. Even I don't believe you are intentionally that ignorant, and yes that is a compliment. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, composition is a fundamental part of photography. Choosing the proper focal length and f/stop is fundamental in taking a great photograph. I know that your intent was not to produce a great photograph, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try despite the circumstances.

You are mistaking a vast statement with giving particular c&c per photograph. You are unable to derive suggestions, and input from "smack talking" your photographs. That was not my intent. I do not think that my C&C is gospel, but I also do not think that you should be so passive with it. Of course, it is your choice if you dont want to improve your photographs.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back