Colorful tropical spiders

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A raft spider / fishing spider (Dolomedes sp.) with big lunch - a Neurothemis ramburii dragonfly

A male Viciria sp. jumping spider.

Common garden spider, Parawixia dehaani

Strikingly beautiful orb weaver guarding her egg sac. Too bad I didn't spend more time getting better shot of her.

Momma lichen huntsman with her spiderlings, believed to be 2nd instars.

Orb weaver guarding her egg sacs. Found a mantidfly on the same leaf, probably planning to parasitize the spider's eggs?

More tropical spiders: Up Close with Nature

Very cool! Love the reflections on the eyes of #2 and the baby spiders.

I didn't think huntsman spiders spun webs... Does that only apply when they hunt, where their burst-speed comes into play?

Great images!!

Thanks, eldruida.

Very cool! Love the reflections on the eyes of #2 and the baby spiders.

I didn't think huntsman spiders spun webs... Does that only apply when they hunt, where their burst-speed comes into play?

Thanks, Josh.

The web the momma huntsman was on was actually the egg sac, on a vertical tree trunk. I saw spiderlings in it. I was told that the spiderlings would only come out after their first molts. Also saw spiderlings of two different sizes.

Very nice shots! I need to get a good macro flash before this spring/summer. We have a common species of fishing spider here that is brown. People don't believe me when I tell them it's the only truly aggressive spider we have that will actually try to attack you if you provoke it. I've watched that behavior and it's pretty cool. Those things have some vicious fangs for their size....

Kurt, these are all very interesting but my favorite is #1. There are so, so many different species of spiders. I got a shot of a jumping spider once with white legs like your fishing spider.

Jerry

I really like #1, the colors of the spider and its lunch are perfect together.

I really like #1, the colors of the spider and its lunch are perfect together.

Kurt, these are all very interesting but my favorite is #1. There are so, so many different species of spiders. I got a shot of a jumping spider once with white legs like your fishing spider.

Jerry

Very nice shots! I need to get a good macro flash before this spring/summer. We have a common species of fishing spider here that is brown. People don't believe me when I tell them it's the only truly aggressive spider we have that will actually try to attack you if you provoke it. I've watched that behavior and it's pretty cool. Those things have some vicious fangs for their size....

Thanks for looking and commenting, Jerry, Preston, Infinite_Day.

Infinite_Day - yes, those fishing spider/raft spiders are quite aggressive and will try to attack like you said:D

Wonderful shots. I like them all especially #1 and #3. Now I have to think twice before I go to Malaysia. I am not really a fan of spiders.

Beatiful spider and prey in the first picture. What a diversity of spiders you have there! Nice work.

great set

Amazing! So clear and the colours are gorgeous. As much as looking at these spiders made my skin crawl, I couldn't stop.

Wonderful shots. I like them all especially #1 and #3. Now I have to think twice before I go to Malaysia. I am not really a fan of spiders.

Beatiful spider and prey in the first picture. What a diversity of spiders you have there! Nice work.

An outstanding series of shots, well done.

Thanks for looking and commenting, Carlo, amandarine, xyphoto, Dracaena, Thunder_o_b.

I don't open any of your threads at night before I go to bed!! lol I get all itchy....=)
I really enjoyed the 2nd one.
The momma and her babies is pretty awesome too!!
Keep shooting!!

Most reactions

Back