colour popping

Nice idea and composition, but to me it just looks too overexposed. It needs more contrast, but the highlights on the hands are already distractingly bright and the shadows on the leaves in the flowers have no detail.
Do you have any exif data you could post?
I know on my camera that when I'm out in bright sunlight, my meter gets fooled and I have to compensate to get an accurate exposure, sometimes a little dark but much more easy to fix in PS.
Next time try moving them into a shady area to get a softer, more even lighting.

Eek, personally I'm not crazy about it. When you put gray human skin against color, it makes the person's hands look like that of a corpse. Maybe if there was more contrast...I dunno.

Marian

sorry I don't care for it all all. The skin color or lack of it is doing nothing for me. what if you tried over saturating the color on the flowers but muting back the color on the people? That might still give the affect you are looking for but not make it look as though the people are aliens or something.

Yea, I have to go with everyone else on this and say it is creepy. Also, to me, unless done extraoridinarily good, selective coloring always comes across as cheesy and screams "amature!" to me.

Jusy my .02.

I agree with the others.

Selective color should be used to attract attention to the parts of the image that you want to stand out. In this case, the flowers are only a background for the couple's hands and rings...but because they are the only color...they steal the attention away from hands & rings.

If you want to use selective color, try it with just the rings in color.

i agree with what everybody says.

this is what the couple wanted and i cringed when they asked me to do it.

they have this pic in a 12 x 10 framed print on their wall and paid me an extra 70 pounds on top of the wedding to do it.

i posted to see what you guys thought and yeah i was right.

there is no accounting for taste.:lovey:

As long as your customer is happy.. Who cares what we think. :) I also cringe when a couple asks for selective coloring !! THEY LOVE IT... I'm thinking ok.. if thats what you want... YUCK

quite right.

the customer is always right, or so we let them think when they are handing over the dosh.

but i know some will say they still wouldnt do it cause its naff.

but thats not me :mrgreen:

omg. I thought "corpse" before I read any of the posts! "Munsters Wedding Photo"

I DID like the shot. I would love to see the original in full color (or even B&W; if you tweak the levels).

But you know... I'm on the fence about the customer loving the shot. I know that they love it but it's still your name on it. If someone asked them "Hey, who shot that?" and they give your name, maybe that person has the same reaction that we do. "Good Lord... no way he's working for me".

Sometimes I think that it's not about the money. It's like going to a tattoo artist and asking them to give you a stick figure drawing of Larry King on your forehead. Some things you just should not do.

This is one mans opinion. I don't fault you for selling them the print. Sometimes we have to be the professional and say... "you know what... I wouldn't do this."

Good photo though.

A nice touch would to be to PARTIALLY desaturate. Then bring the colors of the flowers back, but never all the way.

i don't like the selective type colouring. the colour of their hands seem TOO blue.. like death blue.. nice idea, I'm just not sure the final outcome was 100%

Most reactions

New Topics

Back