Colourless Rose

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know this has been done before but I want to know what people think of this in regards to tones, high/lowlights and lighting in general and just how I did with the overall technique.

colourlessroseresize8sb.jpg

been there, done that :D

i personally prefer the rose a bit darker, you know, retain some shadow, throw a little mystery over it. this could just be my flaat pannel (which sounds well adjusted in nvidia's tool but may not be) but i feel the rose is just too white as well. maybe if you made the pic even darker?...

i think the conversion is great! but agree that darkening would improve the detail of an otherwise good subject.

there ya go, thats the treatment you needed.

btw, is there a stem visible anywhere in the original? seems if the rose was 'grounded' it would present better. just my opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean. The rose didn't droop at all and this is taken from directly above.

great job with the change, it looks much better. I would suggest perhaps having a more dynamic composition by having it cover a smaller area in the frame or the opposite by taking a more abstract closeup. you may want to shoot with a different light source next time also, as this light is a tad harsh (you can easily see hard shadows), but you can only tell in a few places. may want to try a diffuser, doesnt matter what you use really, just something to catch the light and spread it around a bit more.

Hmm yeah. The first one is more of a thing you'd get on a card. The altered version is more like a manly rose.

Most reactions

Back