Come into my HDR bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the guys arguing I have something for you:
arguing.jpg
arguingOnTheInternet.gif

got it from Pandemic Studios Community / "I Seek Harmony" - BETA just for referance :p

LOL!!! I had to grab that one for future use! That's a winner..

I'm brand new, don't even realize what the camera settings are or how to really work my camera yet. I'm stuck in the house because of the weather, so I figured I'd give it a shot at how I thought this worked.

The tripod was a little off I guess, I was shooting from across the room in a hallway leading to the closet and bath so I think that one of the legs was on the carpet where it meets the wall baseboard which caused it to be a little higher. I know before I started out, it was level (when I had it set up in the middle of the room).

I'm not sure what or how the bracketing thing works. I took 10 pictures total. From 10 sec to 1/500th sec is what the exposure said. I don't know what all the settings are or mean so I was just going really low and working my way up on the settings. Then I went into photomatix and combined them all after playing around with everything in there. Went into ps and sharpened it up a little.

If someone could point me to some type of tutorial with step by step instructions, I might be able to do this right.

I really don't know what "white balance" is or what it does. I know where to find it on my camera. But anything after that...I have no clue. I thought the walls on the side look kinda yellowish and should be white...does that have anything to do with it?

I've done quite a few interior HDRs and found the following settings to work for me:

manual mode, manual focus

white balance - cloudy
iso - low as possible (100, 200)
small aperture - f22, f32

(note, some exposures go as long as 30 seconds depending on available light)

I shoot usually from 5 to 7 exposures.

here's a few shots from a job last month;

cn67901.jpg

cn67902.jpg

cn67903.jpg

cn67904.jpg

cn67905.jpg

cn67906.jpg

Wow those are some nice shots. Makes me want to go around shooting the whole house. :lol:

Did you shoot those with a wide angle lens?

High Dynamic Range, it is an effectively contrasts the lightest and the darkest point of every hue in the photograph, providing very vivid color and color gradients.

Oy Vey. No. Please get the terminology right before providing definitions.

So, don't expect me to change it because you all get your feelings hurt or you think what I say is too blunt.

You have no tact bro. Jesus, what is with this generation that thinks foul mouthed discourse equates to "keeping it real".

Abrax... those are beautiful. I'm inspired. I'll have to try that on my next commercial shoot.

Abrax... those are beautiful. I'm inspired. I'll have to try that on my next commercial shoot.

Indeed, those go a long way to dispelling the myth of the "Harsh Sun" HDR shot.

This:

Is a not even close to the same quality of post as ABR's shot, but it still demonstrates that even at 8PM, theres still enough range in a shot to make an hdr worthwhile.

Yeah, that's wild. HDR still isn't something I've managed to futz around with. I need to download photomax and mess with it. This would give me something to do, too, since I've been generally uninspired in this cold ickiness. :)

that's a really cool shot ands!...

on a side note: this forum seems to have become a battleground for e-tards....what gives?

Wow those are some nice shots. Makes me want to go around shooting the whole house. :lol:

Did you shoot those with a wide angle lens?

Thanks, and yes. I shoot with a sigma 10-20. I try to keep distortion to a minimum by shooting at about 15-20mm.

I use the same settings for my landscape photography. Keeps it all simple for me.

:shock:

Here's a shoot a couple days before the other examples.

cn68001.jpg

cn68002.jpg

cn68003.jpg

cn68004.jpg

cn68005.jpg

cn68006.jpg

I was more on my game the day I shot these. The conditions were different but the settings were the same.

Sorry to post-over like this. I have a couple to shoot today and having a terrible time getting motivated. This helps.

Thanks, and yes. I shoot with a sigma 10-20. I try to keep distortion to a minimum by shooting at about 15-20mm.

I use the same settings for my landscape photography. Keeps it all simple for me.

Thanks, I'm looking into buying a wide angle and this helps.

What can I say... I am a blunt person. I don't sugar coat anything, and I don't expect others to sugar coat things to me. :D

Ok, then you'll consider this- Knock it off!

Your time would be better spent working on the fundamentals of the craft.

Hey abrax, did you intentionally choose to leave the room looking more warm? (Just curious)

This may sound silly.... but why do we do HDR's on indoor scenes that don't have a high dynamic range? For the tonemapping quality maybe?

I thought the whole purpose of an HDR was to transend the limitation of the sensor when shooting scenes with large tonal variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back