Comfortable Shoes! Help!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Saddlebreds4me, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Saddlebreds4me

Saddlebreds4me TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok, this is a bit random but I was looking for input on shoes. I will be standing with rather heavy equipment from about 10 - 3pm tomorrow with only about a 15 minute break - I have a pair of Merrill's that I love but they are breaking down because they are so old. The other thing is that the three lower discs in my back are gone - degenerative disc disease.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. fwellers

fwellers TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I got the same deal with my back. My shoes are comfortable, they are mephisto travelers. very nice but expensive.
    There are places where you can get industrial type shoes that nurses and restaurant workers wear that are supposedly designed for all day standing comfort too.

3. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    New Balance sneakers are supposed to be pretty decent as well. If you are going to be in one spot for a long period of time consider getting an antifatigue mat from Home Depot or Lowes. They arent going to solve the problem but they will help some as well. You can also look at the possibility of getting a sit/stand stool. The good ones are pretty expensive but it would probably be worth it. You dont sit all the way down like you do in a chair but you kind of sit on them while in a standing position. This will allow you to get up and down easier and much quicker.

4. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If sneakers are an option, by all means get a pair of New Balance. For 50-60 dollars you can get a good pair. For 100-150 dollars, you can get an incredible pair with style numbers starting in the 800s. They do come in black, if white is verboten.

5. Saddlebreds4me

Saddlebreds4me TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the input - this is a must...or else I will be crippled tomorrow night and living on pain meds (not really a bad idea there...lol).

6. chrisburke

chrisburke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i know this is going to sound absoutley crazy.. but skateboard shoes.. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back, and have for about 6 years and skate shoes are the only thing i can wear, they have just the right amount of padding to cushion me and not hurt my back

also some nice insoles are always a good idea.. i cant remember the brand i use, but sport check sells them, they are around 30 bucks.. they arent the typical solid material, or gel type, the heel of them is actually made of a hard plastic.. they are great