Comforter Before a Window (C&C welcome)

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ComforterBeforeWindow-1.jpg

Well, your title escapes me. And looking at the picture.....I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it maybe abstract?

What an interesting shot + processing.

I put it up to attenuate some of the light coming in during a shoot, then looked at it and thought ... Hmmm.

Yeah, it is pretty interesting. I'm going back and forth about the very bright area on the left. Part of me wants the image to be a vertical consisting of the left third of the present image, so the bright strip is a larger part of the composition. The other part wants to look at the right two-thirds of the image without that strip. This may be a case where there are two images in the frame which don't combine well, but which work separately, or my brain may just be off today, in which case just ignore me ...

It reminds me of looking at an x-ray, wouldn't have though the seams would let in that much light.

I love images that aren't "seen" by everyone. Excellent excellent shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, but the copyright overlayed within the image area itself hurts my appreciation of the image quite a bit.

Looks good, but the copyright overlayed within the image area itself hurts my appreciation of the image quite a bit.

It's negligible. There are many copyrights much worse than that one. Hadn't even noticed it till you pointed it out.

It's negligible. There are many copyrights much worse than that one. Hadn't even noticed it till you pointed it out.

I clicked on Reveal Ignored Content to read your reply. Your response reminded me of why you've been on my ignore list for so long. You "hadn't even noticed" the copyright notice plastered over a fine art type image? LOL. What? Are you simply not paying any attention to the photos you evaluate, or is it something else?

I clicked on Reveal Ignored Content to read your reply. Your response reminded me of why you've been on my ignore list for so long. You "hadn't even noticed" the copyright notice plastered over a fine art type image? LOL. What? Are you simply not paying any attention to the photos you evaluate, or is it something else?

I prefer to pay attention to the image itself rather than a watermark that takes up less than 5% of the frame.

But hey, be pedantic. Live your life.

I love images that aren't "seen" by everyone. Excellent excellent shot.

Thanks :) it was just one of those little moments that I got a chance to capture. There's so many unexpected beautiful things I think we see every day ... even (especially?) in the mundane. A mans face with a cigarette in a rear view mirror, a dog looking into window. They come and go so quick, and I'm left wishing I'd brought the camera.

Thanks Derrell ...

You know, I think you bring up a good point ... I have been thinking seriously lately of losing the watermark. The copyright is in the metadata after all, and I can certainly prove my creation and ownership of the image. And, if (albeit unlikely) someone used an image illegally, surely I would be able to pounce on them. I have read one photog write (essentially) "I'm just waiting for someone to steal one of my images, and make it a great day in court for me"

Most reactions

Back