Comfy

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Was testing out a new camera today and took this. I found the light and tones quite interesting, almost like a negative in places.

jayne0003small.jpg

Oh yes, I like this one very much, too! It has all those really stark contrasts that I like to see in black and white photography, and although her face is a little dark, the glint in her eye gives it the "life" it needs, plus her trousers served as a nice little reflector (or so it seems, did they?), so that works out well, too. The windows, of course, add to it all quite much! Beautiful windows!

VERY nice capture. My only comment would be that I find the remote controls & cookie 'tin' on the sea beside her a little distracting, but that's minor.

thanks for the comments

LaFoto - yes, the light is reflecting back on her face from somewhere, not sure where, must be her trousers as you say.

The stain-glass windows are on my mum's house. Every now and then a total strangers will knock on the door and offer to buy the windows. strange but true.

Tirediron - thanks. Yes the cookie tin and remotes aren't great

oh i think its beautiful!!!

i agree with corinna that the sparkle of her eye really gives her life.
and the windows are beautiful and she is, too!!

simply gorgeous tones :thumbup:... what camera did ya get?!

I really like the tones. My eyesight was drawn to the remote controls I'm guessing because of the light falling on the couch there. I would be curious to see her sitting in the light area of the couch.

Spiffy - thanks for the comment

Arch - The light in that particular room at late afternoon is really nice, you can get some really lovely tones and contrasts.

I got a canon G9. It's pretty good for a compact. Gets a little noisey over 200/400 iso, but overall i'm quite happy with it. nice little camera.

WDodd - thanks. the remote controls are distracting, but it was just a test shot for the camera really. Maybe i could clone them out and just leave the cookie jar

Most reactions

Back