Coming in for a slurp

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one took me about 30 frames prior to getting a decent one. Any idea why the is a haze around some of the photo like the flower etc. Almost looks like I tried to stack 2 photos. Shot at 1/160 with flash on a 100mm with rings and 1.4 tele

4650292434_4537455f6a_b.jpg

Turned out pretty good overall though.

Very nice. The hazing would be movement from you, which I doubt because you likely used a tripod, so I will say that it would be a slight movement of wind that caused it. It's a minute amount, though. I wouldn't fret over it. :)

No, no tripod. Its too hard using a tripod with the DOF on the mpe-65 Have to hand hold on moving critters. Thats a shame though. Thats the fist time ive gotten that type of ghosting from one of my shots..... I think ill blame the wind. LOL

Nice shot. I know how hard these guys are to get in flight and this isn't too shabby at all.

No, no tripod. Its too hard using a tripod with the DOF on the mpe-65 Have to hand hold on moving critters. Thats a shame though. Thats the fist time ive gotten that type of ghosting from one of my shots..... I think ill blame the wind. LOL
You know, I was thinking you could use a cheap shower curtain that's clear to let light through, but to block slight wind. You'll need someone to hold it for you, though.

Though there is the possibility of lens flare causing this. Even minute amounts can cause ghosting of an image. I suffered from this years ago when I worked with my old film SLR. What lens were you using?

THis was with a tokina 100mm macro and 1.4 telecon with 2 rings.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back