Comments Needed - "The Wooden Staircase"

skin_burn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Fellow Photographers,

Thank You for the previous comment, I had attached a newer version based on your comment (which to make it the photo a bit brightter).
Please let me know, which one is better, and how I can improve them.

Thank you

WoodenStaircase.jpg
StairCase.jpg

V.01 V.02

It looks a little dark. I like the composition...i'd just keep the shutter open a little longer.

Composition on this one is definitely a personal preference. Overall it's a bit dark.

Thank you for your comment guys, I will try to brighten the photo.
Will upload it later on.

Please let me know if I had made any improvement to the photo
Cheers

Heya skin_burn. Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Yes, this photo is a bit underexposed, and I now see your newest version, you brightened it up a bit ... but don't tell us what it is you did exactly.
What I can see is a bit of loss of detail on the rocks to the left and the tree bark of that tree there, as well as at the top of the stairs.
The photo is brighter now, but I am not sure it has really helped that much.

Is there a chance for you to get back to the spot and reshoot?

Hey LaFoto,

Hmm I guess I can, just have to fly back to Gold Coast... I will see what details I can gathered with the original untouch photo. All I know is that the handle of the left hand side of the staircase do not enough details because of the strong afternoon sun that day. Will see.. I try to redo this pic in this few days...

In the meant while other comments will be good too.

BTW, thank you for the warm welcome.

Try painting with light. Lots of us miss it in camera. Lighting is a really tricky thing.
Dodge where light should be, and accent it with burning of shadows. It will be really pretty.

First looks dark. keep the shutter open for a little longer.

Looking at your photo, I noted that there are various elements that can be adjusted (lightened) and some that can’t, i.e. stair “risers” as there is no detail information other than black, but this can be corrected with the proper steps. However, the stair “threads’ handrails and balustrades, except where “blown out” can be lightened in a number of different ways using Photoshop.

Regarding the rocks (faces), and other black areas, they have the same problem as the “stair risers”, but again could be improved, by using PS CS2 “Shadows/Highlights”.

As you have stipulated No Editing, no sample has been posted.

If you would like specific details on corrective items I mentioned, send an email with original photo and I will provide a sample.

Hi Fellow Photographers,

Thank You for the previous comment, I had attached a newer version based on your comment (which to make it the photo a bit brightter).
Please let me know, which one is better, and how I can improve them.

Thank you

WoodenStaircase.jpg

V.01 V.02

i like this one. good composistion

it's...a wooden staircase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back