Comments on photos, Please

rachelnan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
backtotreeblueshirt.jpg

backtotreebwwcolor.jpg

I am very excited about learning how to take better photos and do better editing. I am most concerned with lighting and would appreciate any comments or critizisim.

Thanks!!!

Hi Rachelnan,

#1: It looks like the tree is more focused then the eyes. Also don't know if you wanted the bead there, but I would of hid it.

I like the pose; and props on putting her in the shade

#2: Add a little more contrast or maybe it might be my screen. Don't know whats causing the orange color up at the neck.

Good job on image 2.

I agree, the tree in number 1 stands out not the girl.
I am not sure what I think about number 2. I might would like it better if the shoulders were cropped a little more. Good job though! cant wait to see more!

C&C per req:

Welcome to the forum!

1. It looks to me like the point of focus on this one is actually her chest; her face seems slightly soft; always ensure you know where you're camera is focusing. Good use of fill light to overcome the backlighting, but the blown sky and path as well as the over-exposed grass are detractors. Ideally this image would have been better shot with the sun lower in the sky, and a more even exposure.

2. While I'm a big fan of selective colouration, I don't think it works in this image. Ideally you should have a small amount of vibrant colour on a contrasty B&W image. Your conversion is very mid-tone rich and lacks any major amount of black or white. Additionally the shirt colour is rather soft, almost insipid. The eyes aren't bad, but the colour doesn't really work IMO. Again, the point of focus seems off, in this case on her shoulder/shirt-collar.

You've got some good ideas, and with a little more practice, I think you'll have some great images. A pretty model always helps!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thank you all for your comments and critizisims. This is excellent forum and i am so glad I have found it.

#1 is not bad at all, but I really don't like the selective colour on #2. I think there really has to be a reason for leaving something saturated compared to everything else and that shirt is nothing special...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back