Status
Not open for further replies.

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have $200 to get a camera that will help me take professional photos
I have no idea what I'm doing. I saw some nice photos and I have $200 so I want to take nice photos too.

What camera will make me look like I know what I am doing when I'm taking photos of models.
I'm a GWC.

I would like some critique on my holiday pictures.
I went on a vacation...nyah nyah nyah

I get hurt when people say Nice Camera
I'm overly sensitive and don't realise that people are attempting small talk

"Image would have been more powerful if framed using the rule of thirds"
Here's my chance to show off that I know what the rule of thirds is!

"Needing a pro camera- what's better: canon or nikon"
I'm a troll- this should be REALLY fun...

And finally, while I totally agree with Chuasam's observation about sensitivity and 'nice' camera- the other side of the same coin:

"It's not the camera- it's the photographer"
Almost always uttered by someone with a REALLY NICE camera. :1398:

"I calibrated my monitor! "
I have no idea what 'calibrating a monitor' really means. I just fiddled with the controls until an image looked good.

"If a 35mm lens is really a 50mm when used on a crop-sensor body, why don't they just call it a 50mm lens?"
I have no comprehension of the relationship between focal length, sensor/film format and field of view.

"The best camera is the one you have with you."
Said by anyone with more than one camera. Besides, having a camera with you doesn't create images... using it does.

"I'm a professional photographer!"
I have an entry-level DSLR with a kit lens, a Facebook page as a website and advertise on CraigList

"I only use natural light."
I'm too cheap or broke to buy artificial lighting.

..."The best camera is the one you have with you."
Said by anyone with more than one camera. Besides, having a camera with you doesn't create images... using it does.
Gonna disagree with you on this one. I think it is valid. I can half a dozen cameras at home, but if I run down to the store and see something amazing and all I have with me is my 'phone; well, that suddenly becomes the best camera I have!

Some recent shots. Please critique.

"I'm posting this random group of 27 photographs in the hope that some professional photographers will swoon in amazement at my picture-taking skills and proclaim me to be the next as yet undiscovered Henri Cartier-Bresson."

"I only use natural light."
I'm too cheap or broke to buy artificial lighting.
Or; "I am afraid of learning flash photography as it seems way too complicated with all that math and such."

"I'm playing with my camera and got these shots"

I'm hedging my post in case no one likes my pictures.

Last edited:
"It's not the camera- it's the photographer"
Almost always uttered by someone with a REALLY NICE camera. :1398:
Naww it's just the camera, I just push the button.

Humble Brag: I went to Photography school for 2 years and work so hard just so I can make it look like it's really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back