Compact and light 18-75mm 2.8 VR

Val

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So... I want compact, light, well-build, reasonably sharp, distortion-free 18-75mm 2.8 with VR. Im prepared to pay $3000. Where do i get one? :)

let me know when you find it... Only I'm only willing to pay $500 for it. :D

Or you may want to wait about... oh say 10 more years???

So... I want compact, light, well-build, reasonably sharp, distortion-free 18-75mm 2.8 with VR. Im prepared to pay $3000. Where do i get one? :)

It might be a bit easier on you if you choose a lens that Nikon actually makes (since only Nikon makes VR lenses).

Here's a list of current lenses:

Current Nikon Lenses

huh? im still kinda new to this DSLR and lenses, I thought a smaller f/stop meant that it was a faster len? Cuz i hear people say you need a fast lens like a 50mm f/1.4 for certain shots. IDK im newb here so, am i right or wrong?

So basically what you guys saying is that 18-75 2.8 VR isnt coming anytime soon? :(

No, I am saying that:

A) Nikon doesn't make one

B) Nikon hasn't annonced that they plan to make one

C) I am not psychic, so I can't tell you if Nikon ever WILL make one.

D) There is no such a thing as a light 18-75 f/2.8 ANYTHING... that would be a fairly large chunk of glass, whatever price... let alone throwing another several ounces on it for the VR mechanism.

E) If you want to buy a new fast lens, why not look for one that is in production. There are a bunch of lenses being made by Nikon... just none of them short, fast, light and VR.

The last one Mike listed, for example, has significantly less range than the one you are wanting, does not have VR, and weighs 2 pounds... add the longer range, and the VR, and you are looking at a 3 pound lens.

Having said that, I would love to have the 24-70 f/2.8 and slap it on a D3.

My wallet does not agree with that plan, however.

Most reactions

Back