Compact Cameras

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by ApeRadius, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ApeRadius

ApeRadius TPF Noob!

I'd like some camera guru's personal oppinion on a good compact camera. I'm liking the sound of the Olympus C-765 and especially for around $240!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help! :hugs:

-Jesse

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Medium format folders.

They'll fit in your pocket, and give you a 6x6 neg (that's almost 52mp scanned at 3200 dpi ;) ).

3. ApeRadius

ApeRadius TPF Noob!

No clue what that is but I'll google it! :D

thanks

4. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My post was sort of tongue in cheek, because I think you are probably looking for a digital camera? :) I feel compelled to preach the vintage camera faith.

Medium format folders are film cameras mostly made in the first half of the 20th century. They are very no-frills compared to modern cameras, but some were built very well, and have pretty good lenses. They usually have a door that swings down or to the side, and a lens on bellows pops out. Most medium format cameras are pretty big, but some folders will fit in my back pocket. I probably wouldn't take one with me for a commercial shoot, but they are great travel and walking around cameras.

5. ApeRadius

ApeRadius TPF Noob!

Yeah that isn't exactly what I'm lookin for. I'm actually looking for a good digital camera that I'd be able to use for a while for serious photography and then upgrade to the digital rebel xt later.

Any ideas?

Edit: What do you think of the Canon S1 IS? I can get this at Costco, and when i have the money for the digital rebel xt, I can return it and upgrade