Compact Cameras

ApeRadius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'd like some camera guru's personal oppinion on a good compact camera. I'm liking the sound of the Olympus C-765 and especially for around $240!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help! :hugs:

-Jesse

Medium format folders.

They'll fit in your pocket, and give you a 6x6 neg (that's almost 52mp scanned at 3200 dpi ;) ).

My post was sort of tongue in cheek, because I think you are probably looking for a digital camera? :) I feel compelled to preach the vintage camera faith.

Medium format folders are film cameras mostly made in the first half of the 20th century. They are very no-frills compared to modern cameras, but some were built very well, and have pretty good lenses. They usually have a door that swings down or to the side, and a lens on bellows pops out. Most medium format cameras are pretty big, but some folders will fit in my back pocket. I probably wouldn't take one with me for a commercial shoot, but they are great travel and walking around cameras.

Yeah that isn't exactly what I'm lookin for. I'm actually looking for a good digital camera that I'd be able to use for a while for serious photography and then upgrade to the digital rebel xt later.

Any ideas?

Edit: What do you think of the Canon S1 IS? I can get this at Costco, and when i have the money for the digital rebel xt, I can return it and upgrade

Most reactions

New Topics

Back