Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey people,

Im looking for suggestions on little point and shoot cameras that have a movie mode on them. Im looking for a camera thats at least 5mp, and does movies pretty decent so I can email them to family.

Also does anyone here own a canon A530 or A540, or a G5? If so how are the movie functions on the camera?

Cheers :)

every new point and shoot camera has a movie mode (as far as I know). Some have resolution up to 640x480 and they all record at NTSC up to 29.997 fps. I wouldn't make a good movie mode a deciding point, as it would be quite difficult to find one that didn't have it.

well all I basically want it for is to make movies to email to friends and family back in NZ, and a smaller camera to take camping and stuff when I dont want to haul the digi slr and all the lenses.

Aelfwyn said:
Be aware that very few (if any) take movies with sound.
Actually the majority that I have seen all take movies with sound, except the very basic models. All the Canon models the OP mentioned take movies with sound. I haven't had a P&S with movie mode since my old G2. Never really used the mode other then to play around once or twice. Kind of grainy and tiny, but should be OK to email clips.

I have a Sony p200 and love it for a point and shoot. It is a 7.2mp and goes down to VGA mode. I have a 1 and 2 gig card for it. The movie mode does have sound and also 2 sizes of recording files. I know that the bigger mode (forgot the size) and a 2 gig card will give me 50 minutes of movie. Try ebay or amazon. I paid 359 US when it first came out.

Mike

Most reactions

Back