Complete Digital Photography book... any good?

Pupp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking about getting The Complete Digital Photography 7th ed. book. I was wondering if it was worth getting. Pretty dense read... looks like something you might find in a college course. But I wanted to see if it was worth getting, before I plopped down the $$.

I took a photography class back in the 90's in my college days. Back then, digital cameras only started coming out. I think they were 3 meg cameras and pretty expensive. The photography class focused on film, being that digital cameras were a really recent thing, having taken the photography class in my freshman year. In any event, after so many years, I'll have to brush up on the basics of photography even. Not worried about film though, since I'm doing this as a hobby.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking at the Table of Contents I was impressed.

The book covers both technical and artistic aspects of doing digital photography, it also covers post production.

It would be kind of like having 200 hours of YouTube videos, all in order from a to z.

I looked through more of the book that Amazon lets us look at and will be adding it to books I recommend.
It has a lot of photos that demonstrate what the author is discussing, so it may not be as dense as you suspect, yet looks to still be very informative.

Last edited:
For the money and what you get....go for it!

Don't know where you are located but here in Florida I can go to the local county library and if they have a book anywhere in the county system they will get it or they can use the inter-library loan system and find it anywhere in Florida and send it to my local branch at no cost to me to borrow.
Libraries are amazing places these days. I've gotten two or three Photoshop books and after reading them have gone on amazon and ordered my own copy.

I have it and read from time to time, it is a good reference stand by.

Don't know where you are located but here in Florida I can go to the local county library and if they have a book anywhere in the county system they will get it or they can use the inter-library loan system and find it anywhere in Florida and send it to my local branch at no cost to me to borrow.
Libraries are amazing places these days. I've gotten two or three Photoshop books and after reading them have gone on amazon and ordered my own copy.
I'm pretty sure every public library system in the US does inter-library loans.
My library has had to start charging a nominal fee - $2 - to cover the mailing costs.

Would the later version (8th) be as good as the 7th? Anyone know?

I just received the 8th Edition, purchased from Amazon Prime, and it is well worth the price, in my opinion. Well written and generously supported by photos and illustrations, it will be my digital photo bible.

I need lots of information to understand digital following decades of film photography. Complete Digital Photography will fulfill my needs very well.

lots of free online photography book..... search on google search engine...you can finds lots of book refrences

Most reactions

New Topics

Back