Complete noob but Loving it

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by blatalllic, Mar 19, 2007.

1. blatalllic

blatalllic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I been getting really into photography since last summer...I first found out that I was really into photography after I took a trip to Hong Kong/Taiwan and found myself with 600+ pictures on my lap top...

I just bought a Olympus E-500 on Friday...I have NO experience using a SLR camera but Im anxcious to learn.....Here on a few pics that I took ofer the weekend and I did edit them a lil on photoshop...if you guys want to see the originals then I can post those too...Im using photobucket to post pics but I know that it kills the quality in them, whats a better host?

Thanks in advance...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum... and a very nice start.. welcome to the world of photography.

I like #1.

I use picturetrail but they also kill the quality of the pic in their attempt to compress. I rent webspace and a domain with enough space to host my own pics.

3. castrol

castrol TPF Noob!

Welcome diller.

4. blatalllic

blatalllic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey Castrol, whats up....

Thanks for the compliments

What is your guys opinion on my Olympus E-500 camera....Its my first and so far I like it...Came with two lenses and everything....

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camera.

Photobucket doesn't do anything to your images...if you process them properly and keep them within the limits before you upload. I always save a 'for web' copy of the images I want to display. I resize the image to less than 800 pixels and then save as JPEG with a compression level to get the file below 200kb.

6. losttravelerfl

losttravelerfl TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    http://www.f8pix.com doesn't degrade the img as long as it's under 1200px h/w and under 500k. Also, if you are uploading an album, such as a vacation trip, etc, you can upload a zip file with all imgs instead of one at a time. No ads on the site. I'll mention that I just recently programmed it, so you can take my completely biased opinion with a grain of salt.

Mike made a good point that for web viewing you normally should be able to get a pic around the 200k level, and under 500k is a cushy margin.