Completely New Photographer!!

A.Maupin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!! I am completely, 100% new to photography. :blushing: I come here in hopes to learn a lot and get some good C&C on my work.

My name is Allyssa. I am 20 years old, been married to my HS Sweetheart turned Sailor for almost 2 years and live in Southern California. Where I was born & raised (luckily we're just two hours from our home town!). I work as a sub preschool teachers aid, but being as I am just a sub, my hours vary greatly so some times I'll have a lot of time on my hands to practice my photography.

I've been really interested in photography for some time, but was never able to afford a DSLR camera.. But finally, we got a lovely Christmas bonus and my husband bought me my very first DSLR camera about 3 weeks ago. I have a Sony DSLR A100K and I love it. I don't have any special lenses, just what it came with. And I am perfectly content with it for the time being. I work with paint shop pro for the time being, as photoshop is just too pricey for us. But I don't do much editing wise to my pictures.

I am 100% self-taught. I haven't taken a signle photography class. I've learned about my camera all on my own, by playing and reading the instruction booklet, and I am still learning as it's only been three weeks. I have gotten a few tips and suggestions from family and friends, but that's about it.

I seem to do better with landscapes & nature shots then anything else. I love shooting sunsets and using my macro setting. But I hope to expand my horizons and get into protraits and all that fun stuff.

I can't wait to see what this sight has to offer for me!!

Welcome! What part of So Cal are you from? (I am originally from there as well, near Laguna Beach)

Both my husband and I grew up in La Quinta [Palm Springs/Desert area]. And now are in San Diego.

Welcome to TPF.

Most reactions

Back