Composition check

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I forgot to adjust my ISO back down from the night before (Noob Mistake) I just want your thoughts on my composition in these shots.

CB2.jpg

CB4.jpg

CB5.jpg

CBBW.jpg

Falls2.jpg

Falls3.jpg

goodbill.jpg

GoodBridge.jpg

goodside.jpg

Hole.jpg

Oh, I was beginning to think "Hey, they are going to be too many for any valuable critique" while I was still going through your first post only ... and now I see you added even more!

And now we get so many photos here that you want looked at with regards to their composition and they are not even numbered!

Hmph... makes it difficult.

For the last I feel there is too much black bridge cover to be seen, and unnecessarily those power lines on the right. You wanted to capture the early evening moon in the clear sky at the end of your covered-bridge-photo-expedition, I can tell as much, but I feel you might have wanted to step further to the left as to exclude the powerlines and to get a lot less of this bridge into your frame.

In the last but one and the one before (seem to be one and the same photo in two different colour temperatures), the land is sliding ... the camera wasn't held straight and the horizon inclines to the left. That can easily be remedied with any post processing software.

The same applies to the noise given by the too high ISO from the night before, you can download the demo version of NeatImage (www.neatimage.com) to your computer and use that for free to get rid of such "newbie-mistakes" (and don't begin to believe this only happens to newbies! :oops: ).

To sum it all up (I haven't got the time to individually critique each and every photo here), compositionwise and also exposurewise and presentationwise (meaning: that one was converted into straight b&w and it helps the photo best!) I prefer the 4th photo over every other here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back