Composition critque

redneckdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think? I kinda like the more open shot, shows more of the hill and I like marks from snow sliding down the hill, I'm not a fan of the brush poking out of the snow but the powder is only 2 foot deep. How would you guys crop this?

This picture as taken on trestle, a double black back country run in houghton michigan.

IMGP1401.jpg

I would have liked to see the person in the right third of the shot (can't really crop that), since I think using the whole "rule of thirds" idea is really applicable to a photo of someone in this kind of position.

If you're not a fan of the brush, you could always use the clone stamp in PS to get rid of it. And it could just be me, but for some reason the colors seem just a tad off.

I agree, never just center your subject. You might crop out most of the right side and some of the bottom. I would also clone out the weeds coming out of his head.
Cosmo

What bugs me most about this photo is the poor victim of crop-violence on the top of the hill who lost his scalp.......!

What bugs me most about this photo is the poor victim of crop-violence on the top of the hill who lost his scalp.......!

actually, its a she. I completely missed that, the white made me thing it was a snow pile.

Most reactions

Back