Composition input, please

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this garage the other day and I thought it could make a nice pic (the contrast of the old truck with the new car) and decided to make a practice run... but the result seems bland.
PICT0021a.jpg

Don't worry about the light, I know it's not the best, I'm concentrating on composition right now.

So what do you think would improve the effect? Cropping? Different angle? A better car than the crappy dodge?

Thanks!

Composition isn't my strong point, but your subject is to far away and to centered. Composition is about coming up with different or distorted angles and views. This would be hard to do with the location of your subject. Maybe shot over the fence looking down or through the fence shooting up.
Cosmo

I would get closer maybe at some angle and dont have everything centered in the picture. Good picture though. I would like to maybe see it in B&W

I thought the bricks and foliage to the left of the garage were superfluous. Your lens has quite a bit of pincushion distortion and the bricks really bring that out. Also the frame is tilted a little counter clockwise. I Straightened it up, cropped to put the cars at the compositional "golden mean" and reduced the dynamic range a little to lighten the shadows. You can decide for youself if it is better.

pict0021a.jpg

(Ghastly) Krueger said:
Thank you very much for your comments and help. I'll give it another shot.

Cheers

You're welcome and I think you did fine. After all, I only edited your image. I didn't replace it with anything. It's an interesting image. Good shooting.

mysteryscribe said:
I thought it needed an anchor on the left side and ending spot so to speak.. hope you don't mind
testjunkic1.jpg

Don't mind at all! Actually I like what you did very much (No quoting out of context, please!)

I learned a lot from all your comments, thanks again.

Most reactions

Back