Composition Tutorial for beginers?Help me plz

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wondering if anyone is interested in sort of critiquing a tutorial I wrote this morning. It's the first of a series I'll be doing for my new site and is aimed at the baseline beginers. I would appreciate some feedback, good or bad on this. Not sure if I put this in the right section or not :scratch: oh well here goes . . .

http://aurigenmedia.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=17

Thanks in advance for any help! :wink:

im a pretty new to photography and i thought it was a good tutorial. I liked it, and it did help me out. Next pictures i take im gonna try to use them. Thanks!!!

You've explained it really well and it will be useful to newcomers. I've been compiling similar essays for amateurs on my own site, though none as yet on compostion. It's all a bit much at times for those who are new to photography.

I've looked at a zillion photographs over the many years I've been into photograhy but when when it comes to compostion, one sticks out more than any other. I've linked to it below. Fantastic! Challenges the rules but works a treat.

http://www.photographerencyclopedia.com/store/details.php?CatNumber=9971&ID=314858

Good luck with your future essays - IMO you've got what it takes.

:)

I think that this is a great tutorial.. i will try it in future shooting.. thank you very much :D

Well written tutorial. May I suggest an addition to it. That being an informal portrait either with a person or a pet in other than a studio environment. For example at the lake, on the ski slope or even just a portrait of a pretty girl with a natural outdoor background. Too many people try to put a head shot in the center of the frame and lose a lot of character doing so.

Thanks for the feedback everyone I really apreciate it. The fact that it may have helped someone out is even better :wink: This was also a bit of a test for myself I suppose as well. Just sort of a way to see if I really understand the concepts as much as I think I do. I will be writing some more in the future.

As far as the portrait thing goes, I have thought about that and think I will be using an example like that when I expand on composition a little bit in the next installment (hopefully this week) sometime :wink:

Really nice tutorial, I liked how you decided to emphasize on only one tower instead of two.

The only thing that confused me was that you only covered the rule of thirds which is only a small portion of composition in photography...

MattCrssngr said:
Really nice tutorial, I liked how you decided to emphasize on only one tower instead of two.

The only thing that confused me was that you only covered the rule of thirds which is only a small portion of composition in photography...

Don't worry like I said above I will expand :wink: Just need some more time.

So far, so good! Ultimately, I think it's got more to do with how you get the information across, not necessarily what the information is. You've written it in a simple but encouraging manner. Learners/beginners hate nothing more than being talked down to, as I'm sure you're well aware! And the fact that you've explained your actions in each step creates a better understanding, I think.

Really good so far. I'd be happy to read and critique any more. Writing is most definitely my strong point, and I'd be learning more about photography at the same time! Heehee.

Most reactions

Back