Composition

phoenix83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi ;) I have been doing photography for a little over 2 years. I am interested in improving my composition. I am wondering what are some great books on the subject or great ways of learning it thanks in advance.

I liked Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Petterson. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Learning-See-Creatively-Composition-Photography/dp/0817441816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266685955&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color & Composition in Photography (Updated Edition) (9780817441814): Bryan Peterson: Books[/ame]

Another vote for the above. Good, quick, easy read. I also just picked up his Beyond Portraiture, which, though not devoted, has a section on composition and how it relates to photographing people.

I highly recommend: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos by Michael Freeman.

It is much more specific to composition than Bryan Peterson's excellent book on how to develope a creative eye.

get over to your local library and get into some art books.....especially the classic painters...good luck!

Most reactions

Back