Computer Assistance...

Craddosk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

On my fiancee's Toshiba Satellite P100 (17inch screen), it consistently gets the blue screen of death for a fatal run time error. This happens on a daily basis.

The codes that it gives me (on the blue screen) are:
0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x806FF94F, 0xF7AF3C30, 0xF7AF392C)
-This results in a physical memory dump, and requires a restart of the computer.
When the restart is complete, it gives the option of sending an error report
The error signature is:
BCCode : 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005e
BCP2: 806FF94F
BCP3: F7AF3C30
BCP3: F7AF392C
OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP 2_0 Product 768_1

This problem occurs when waking up from sleep, and iTunes was left open, or is opened. It seems to only occur when this happens. Computer is running Norton Antivirus (up to date), MSN Messenger, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Word most of the time, rarely anything else, and if so, it came installed on the computer. Computer is running Windows XP.

Any clue what could be causing this? What should I try doing (I'm a Mac guy and unfamiliar with fixing PC, but can usually figure out what do with instructions).

Thanks.

Do a driver update or delete the video driver and let it reinstall itself.

I have seen this happen on three different occasions... one was caused by a mouse driver that installed when I plug my usb mouse in. The other on a friends laptop was caused by a virus. The third, I could never find the cause but found a workaround by turning hybernation off. I would definitely do what Rhys says, and also run Windowsupdates, and make sure that you have a spyware program of some sorts (PestPatrol or Symantec client security).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back