computer died during update! need help!

ok....
update. ran 24 hours straight last shift. went to miami and then jacksonville...
finally awake.

pulled bios jumper and removed video card. plugged in and started comp. got bios screen!
turned off. put jumper back in and started, still without video card. computer started normally!!
NOW, i guess i need to remove all video card drivers, put vid card back in, and try to redo drivers for it.

ok....
update. ran 24 hours straight last shift. went to miami and then jacksonville...
finally awake.

pulled bios jumper and removed video card. plugged in and started comp. got bios screen!
turned off. put jumper back in and started, still without video card. computer started normally!!
NOW, i guess i need to remove all video card drivers, put vid card back in, and try to redo drivers for it.

Good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed, just in case :)

replaced video card.
no signal.
hooked monitor back up to on board port, works just fine.
might be a video card issue.

replaced video card.
no signal.
hooked monitor back up to on board port, works just fine.
might be a video card issue.

It may be worth looking through your bios and seeing if there are any video settings. If reseting the bios fixed your video it stands to reason there may be something in there.

I'm trying reinstalling the video card drivers first. See what that does

Drivers installed fine. (Same ones I used the first time, that messed up)
Plugged monitor back into video card and computer started fine.

Sounds like you may have gotten malware or virus with driver update(my opinion). If you were playing a game that you have in the past, there is no reason to update the drivers(usually). When downloading VGA drivers ALWAYS, ALWAYS use Nvidea's site...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back