Conceded Flower

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fugifilm X-T2; 60mm 2,4 macro. A planned re-shoot from the X-T1. Light was no wear near the same, bummer in some viewpoints.@Gary A is a good instructor. He has helped me a great deal on isolating subjects. His instruction has been grand, gary rocks.

DSCF0142e.jpg

Really like the fact that you isolated the flower but didn't strip it of it's environment. Just a personal opinion but I think it adds to image to know there are leaves and stems, that it's connected and real, not just a dead flower floating in a black pool all alone.

Really like the fact that you isolated the flower but didn't strip it of it's environment. Just a personal opinion but I think it adds to image to know there are leaves and stems, that it's connected and real, not just a dead flower floating in a black pool all alone.
Thanks Smoke. I have to force myself to include background. It is the nerve racking painter in me. Thanks for noticing my tension. The stamen as focus of isolation.

Last edited:
The stamen as focus of isolation

You know it probably sounds a little cheesy, but as I looked at the image I fully expected a spot light to suddenly illuminate the stamen, and was mildly disappointed when it didn't appear. Weird huh?

The stamen as focus of isolation

You know it probably sounds a little cheesy, but as I looked at the image I fully expected a spot light to suddenly illuminate the stamen, and was mildly disappointed when it didn't appear. Weird huh?
No not weird. The angular slice on the right side slaps you.

YES, SMoke has it correct! The backdrop to the flower bloom is important--not pure black keeps it feeling more three-dimensional. I like the fall-off of the light behind the main subject, but think I might moderatwe the vignetting effect at the edges of the blossom itself by a slight bit. The colors in this are gorgeous.

YES, SMoke has it correct! The backdrop to the flower bloom is important--not pure black keeps it feeling more three-dimensional. I like the fall-off of the light behind the main subject, but think I might moderatwe the vignetting effect at the edges of the blossom itself by a slight bit. The colors in this are gorgeous.
Thanks Derrel. He did nail my vision and render. It pert near makes me want to cry that someone gets what I was trying to say.

Thanks Derrel. He did nail my vision and render. It pert near makes me want to cry that someone gets what I was trying to say.

I keep telling you "that even a blind pig can find an acorn every now and then", Do I win anything for getting it right? :1219:

Nice. But it seems a tad bit dark on my tablet. Maybe a very slight hit from the Dodge tool on the center.
I didn't edit it, and if I tried, I'd screw it up.
Fugifilm X-T2; 60mm 2,4 macro. A planned re-shoot from the X-T1. Light was no wear near the same, bummer in some viewpoints.@Gary A is a good instructor. He has helped me a great deal on isolating subjects. His instruction has been grand, gary rocks.

View attachment 135738

I like it!

Is the plant called Conceded', or is it a fancyfull title?

The background leaves and other flower do give a nice depth to the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back