Concentration to Accomplishment

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Peanuts, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Over the weekend I was given the oppurtunity to see my little (half) brother who is fast approaching 9 months of age. All I can say is this one is going to be a lovable trouble maker when he reaches his teen years!

Just last week he started to crawl on his own, and he is quite near mastering it if I might say so myself. Apparently before I arrived, David was quite put out at the concept of crawling on grass, but I was personally quite delighted when he crawled towards me. (Coincidence I am certain). Here are some quick snaps of the little fellow.

1. My focus was unfortunately off a little on this portrait, and fell mostly on his nose. In the black and white it helped to hide the lack of focus.
    [​IMG]

2. I did play around with the colour in this one, but truly, his eyes are this blue. Poor fellow is just going to be stalked by the ladies when he has a few years on him. I should probably mention that I am wondering if anyone would happen to have a crop suggestion for this photo. His eyes are splat dab in the middle of the frame.
    [​IMG]

3. First few 'steps'
    [​IMG]

4. Once again, the focus was somewhat off. It is a shame I cut off the top of his head, but his expression was too priceless to trash.
    [​IMG]

5. The achievement
    [​IMG]

2. bethany138

bethany138 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The eyes look a little over-photoshopped to me.. but they are really nice! I like your choice of DOF.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Same with eyes for me. But I do like the B&W conversions. I really like the last as well.

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the last two! He's adorable. I agree that the eyes appear a bit oversharp/saturated. A really fun series :D

5. M @ k o

M @ k o TPF Noob!

These are great captures Peanuts, I think the eyes are natural looking to me. Love the low POV too. Nice shooting !

6. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    he has his tongue sticking out in all the photos. :lol:

great shots. :thumbup:

7. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks very much for your comments everyone, I didnt' get around to replying until now due to an exam. Anyways, I do see some of your points regarding the eyes, especially with the sharpening and his left eye on the third. Bad habit I guess after looking at a photo for too long at once the difference between what likes real and not kind of gets lost in a blur of editing.

Regarding his tongue, yes, I am starting to think it must be a genetic concentration thing ;)

Thanks once again everyone