Concert photography.

Alan92RTTT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.3sgto.org
I went to the Tim McGraw concert with my wife last Saturday night. I figured it would be fun to take some pictures while I was there. I contacted the arena and found that I could not bring my DSLR :( but I thought my old Canon IS S2 would be ok. I used this camera for several years its got a long zoom so I figured I could get some good shots.

While the S2 is a great P&S camera I never realized how badly is sucked in comparison to an DSLR. While the 3.5 Aperture is decent for full zoom, noise at ISO 400 was real bad. Even with spot metering getting focus and light right was almost impossible. I'm spending a ton of time cleaning up the images just to make them look passable what a pain in the butt.

Anyone know the trick to getting a DSLR into a concert?

On a side note the automatic noise reduction code in the windows live essentials photo gallery is really good(for web photos). The UI for adjusting the basics is clean and easy to use and revert changes even after saving. If I was doing this in CS2 I'd have probably given up. I'll post the gallery when I'm done.

Last edited:
Hey Alan,

Sorry if i'm too late, but unfortunatly NO venues (but bars) will allow the use of SLR's. In order to get one in you have to apply for a photographers pass allowing access infront of the crowd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back