Concert Photography

Guitars = $hundreds or thousands
Drums = $hundreds or thousands
sound equipment = $thousands
photos for good publicity and advertising = $cheap..........wait, something seems wrong here.

Yes...it does...

Oh wait, musicians are generally broke after they spend all that money.

Guitars = $hundreds or thousands
Drums = $hundreds or thousands
sound equipment = $thousands
photos for good publicity and advertising = $cheap..........wait, something seems wrong here.

Yes...it does...

Oh wait, musicians are generally broke after they spend all that money.

Im sure they could find a tiny bit more money if its something they really want. I just bought a Canon T2i, Canon 24-70mm F2.8L, but yet I still have to pay full price for my prints at my pro lab, thats just wrong, I should write the lab and tell them I dont want to pay their full price for prints and ask for them for free or dirt cheap. :D

Im sure they could find a tiny bit more money if its something they really want. I just bought a Canon T2i, Canon 24-70mm F2.8L, but yet I still have to pay full price for my prints at my pro lab, thats just wrong, I should write the lab and tell them I dont want to pay their full price for prints and ask for them for free or dirt cheap. :D

Sucks to be you. I worked out a deal with a small local lab here and I pay less than the full price. ;)

I was just using that as an example. :) I dont find $1.30 or $2.20 a bad price to pay for each print, especially considering what I was paid for the print in the first place. :)

another example is a bride spent a thousand on her dress, few hundred on flowers, couple hundred on the hall, few hundred for the food, couple hundred on the invitations, couple hundred on the tux rentals, couple hundred on the gifts for best men and brides maides, couple hundred on a cake. now that their broke, why charge a real amount for pictures. same situation. :)

I was just using that as an example. :) I dont find $1.30 or $2.20 a bad price to pay for each print, especially considering what I was paid for the print in the first place. :)

another example is a bride spent a thousand on her dress, few hundred on flowers, couple hundred on the hall, few hundred for the food, couple hundred on the invitations, couple hundred on the tux rentals, couple hundred on the gifts for best men and brides maides, couple hundred on a cake. now that their broke, why charge a real amount for pictures. same situation. :)

Exactly. That's why they're paying $300 for a Craigslist photog. Just got to find the right market...

Na, the $300 cl photogs are doing weddings, concerts would be much cheaper, probably gotten for free by the people in the audience with their fancy smancy dslr. : ) the blurring of their 1/30 F5.6 automatic settings just makes them look artistic. :) and the white back of a head and dark background just looks cool. :D

edit > thought you meant the musicians were getting their photogs from CL then I realized you meant the wedding people.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll be fine with the noise on the D90, afterall, this is all taken with a D3000

I know the D90 isn't the best at high ISO, but I generally manage to get it done.

Editing isn't a must, Didn't word that one right :meh:

But I get the feeling people think 50 is too cheap? I just figure it would be a good starting point because
A.) I'm not a really proffesional photog, just starting out
B.) All the bands are generally kids my age (16-20ish), they don't have 100's to throw out there.

I dont think $50 is bad if they get a few pics for thier facebook/myspace. if you include the rights for posters or cd's, then your short changing yourself.

If you can get $50 and free tickets to shoot *perhaps a perm press pass from the club* and they get the rights for online photo display and you get a link to yoru website, sounds good to me. : )

Na, the $300 cl photogs are doing weddings, concerts would be much cheaper, probably gotten for free by the people in the audience with their fancy smancy dslr. : ) the blurring of their 1/30 F5.6 automatic settings just makes them look artistic. :) and the white back of a head and dark background just looks cool. :D

edit > thought you meant the musicians were getting their photogs from CL then I realized you meant the wedding people.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT WEDDINGS!!!

That appears to be quite the interesting wedding...

MSF, that's a really good idea to try and get a permanent press pass from the venue, I may look into that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back