Concert shooting ettiquete

Well that's not true because this venue has some concerts where the signs say "No recording devices," but they changed them for this one. Actually, this is the first concert I've been to there that has said "No Professional cameras" vs "No recording devices."

I really feel that the band security and the venue security should be consistent in their policies.

Consistency between the band and venue is seldom. The security personnel usually don't know if they will be enforcing any policies that go above and beyond the venue's own policies until the day of the show which can make it hard for the venue to let people know what's allowed. For example, this past June I went to see Jeff Beck. Tried to get my dslr in but had to return it to the car, no cameras bigger than what can fit in a man's shirt breast pocket ( I was expecting this, but it was worth a shot) but was allowed to bring in my own non alcoholic drink in a plastic bottle. A month later I return to the same venue to see KISS with my plastic water bottle and little Sony in hand. No bottles allowed. Had to pour my water into two cups because it was large. However, everywhere I looked there were larger cameras about. No dslrs, but the bigger mega zoom p&s that are just a little smaller than a Rebel. It's a pain but it happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back